Are you ready for 2-Miles of exhilarating Ziplining Fun and beautiful scenery? Great for the whole family!
MANTA RAY NIGHT SNORKEL IN KONA | ANELAKAI ADVENTURES
Book a tour and join Anelakai Adventures as they slip out into the dark ocean from Keauhou Bay, then paddle a very short 10 minute paddle out to the manta ray night snorkel site. This tour is Eco Friendly, No Motors, No Oil, No Gas, Non-Invasive, Hawaiʻian Style and Paddle Powered!
- People (ages 2+)
- Best Manta Ray Snorkel in Kona, Hawaii
- Double-Hull Canoes, Eco-Friendly
- Authentic Hawaiian Experience
Night Manta Ray Viewing and Snorkel
The manta ray… One of the most beautiful and serene creatures in the ocean. Manta rays are fish — close relatives of both other rays and sharks. But swim close enough to one on a manta ray night snorkel and you’ll swear you were seeing something else.
Off the Kona Coast of the Big Island, manta rays can grow to 15 feet from wing tip to wing tip and weigh more than 3000 pounds. Not to mention they can live for 40 or 50 years or more! Imagine getting up close and personal with a 35-year-old manta on an Anelakai manta ray night snorkel adventure. Dive into the water and experience it for yourself!
Our double hull canoes let you snorkel with manta rays in a whole different way — in a small group, and at your own pace. You’ll feel more relaxed and safer, which will let you concentrate more on the beautiful wonder of nature that you can only see in Hawaii. Their double hull canoes let you either snorkel with the manta rays or relax and enjoy the view from the canoe without even getting in the water.
You’ll feel like a true Hawaiian as you come face to face with one of the ocean’s most majestic wonders. The rays swim right up to the light between the two hulls of our canoe and fearlessly interact with you, allowing a perfect view you won’t get anywhere else.
They use paddle-power—no motors at all. That makes them the most eco-friendly tour available. It’s better for the mantas… and also keeps the diesel fuel smell out of your clothes and hair. We only allow six people per tour, so you will have the undivided attention of both our guide and the mantas.
Included In Your Tour
- Wet suit tops for adults and short suits for kids
- Snorkel gear
- They always have PFD’s or life vests on board – just let them know if you would prefer to wear one throughout the trip.
What To Bring
- A towel, underwater camera if you’d like, a light jacket.
- They welcome guests of all abilities; however, they are purely paddling power and need to make sure they have enough participants to get us out to the site.
- Depending on the tide there can be a step down from the dock to get into the canoe of anywhere from 1-3 feet.
- There is a ladder to get into the double haul canoe – it’s similar to a pool ladder, so you need to be able to pull your own body weight to climb back up it.
- There is a weight limit of 250 pounds. This guideline is in place to ensure that everyone fits in the canoe (the canoe seat is about 19 inches wide) and can climb up their ladder to get back into the canoe.
- Children are welcome 2+ years and must be accompanied by an adult- it is recommended they stay in the canoe. It’s a great opportunity for small children, non-swimmers, and people with disabilities.
- If you do grab a bite to eat before going out on the tour, they always recommend to eat light. They also ask that you wait on having any alcoholic beverages until after the tour – safety is their number one priority.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.