Join them at the Royal Kona Resort for the Luau of a lifetime! Experience the fascinating history and culture of the Polynesian and Hawaiian islands with a captivating show on the shores of Kailua Bay.
HAWAIIAN DOUBLE HAUL CANOE TOUR | ANELAKAI ADVENTURES
On each personalized, guided outrigger canoe adventure, you’ll learn local Hawaiian history and practice ocean awareness… But most of all a canoe tour with Anelakai adventures is about having fun and creating memories that will stay with you forever.
- Adult (ages 13+)
- Child (ages 4-12)
- Double Haul Canoe Tour
- All levels of Experience Welcome
- Authentic Hawaiian Experience
Hawaiian Double Haul Canoe Tour
The double hull canoe — Wa’a — is a sacred tradition. What was the first thing that touched land on the Hawaiian islands? A canoe.
Modern double hull canoes, like their ancestors, are canoes that are supported by one or more floats — called double hull — that add stability. They can be sailed, but at Anelakai Adventures they paddle them around Keauhou Bay.
Why? One of the best ways to experience the Big Island is from the ocean, and in a double hull canoe, you can explore the Kona Coast and the Pacific Ocean the way our ancestors did.
See dolphins, fish and the majestic green sea turtle in our 24-foot, 6-seater canoes. Book a tour with a group of your own or meet other couples and enjoy a double hull canoe together.
On each personalized, guided double hull canoe adventure, you’ll learn local Hawaiian history and practice ocean awareness… But most of all a canoe tour with them is about having fun and creating memories that will stay with you forever.
They customize each and every canoe tour to suit your needs, whether you are looking for a workout or a leisurely paddle and snorkel in Kona. Let them share their passion and love for the ocean with you on a double hull canoe!
- Anelakai will provide wet suit tops for adults and short suits for kids
- They always have PFD’s or life vests on board – just let the tour guides know if you would prefer to wear one throughout the trip.
- If you or a member of your party doesn’t want to get in the water, they can stay in the kayak, have an incredible view, and stay close to everyone else in the water to have a shared experience!
- There is a weight limit of 250 pounds. This guideline is in place to ensure that everyone fits in the kayak (the kayak seat is about 19 inches wide) and can climb up and into the kayak.
- Children are welcome 4+ years and must be accompanied by an adult- it is recommended they stay in the kayak.
If you do grab a bite to eat before going out on the tour they always recommend eating light. They also ask that you wait on having any alcoholic beverages until after the tour – safety is their number one priority.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.