Snorkel at a remote beach, hike to an ancient Hawaiʻian fishing village, and enjoy a delicious picnic lunch!
TWILIGHT VOLCANO UNVEILED | HAWAII FOREST & TRAIL
Hawaii Forest & Trail’s interpretive guides make your visit to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park a lasting memory. Hawaii volcano visitors can view past eruption sites, craters, and lava tubes while discovering how geologic events shape the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 8-12
- Private Ohana Outing up to 6people and $104 for additional guests.
- Explore the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Rated: Easy to Moderate. Ages 8+
- National Park Entrance Fees Included
Twilight Volcano Unveiled
On this in-depth park experience, your interpretive guide will illuminate the historical events that changed the landscape of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Hawaii volcano tours are an excellent way to experience the fantastic forces of creation and destruction.
Enjoy 2-3 miles of hiking around the park’s dynamic terrain. You’ll visit a large private lava tube known for its bright yellow and gold microbial mats living on the cave walls. This lava tube is only accessible to Hawaii Forest & Trail guests.
Stay after dark to see the eruption deep inside Halemaumau Crater; catch glimpses of lava and see the night’s sky light up with Pele’s orange and red glow.
Included In Your Tour
- Walking sticks, flashlights, and rain ponchos.
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes, long pants, reusable water bottle, and a light jacket.
Know Before You Go
- Restrictions: Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain and you may encounter cool, wet, or muddy conditions.
- Please note the access road to the private lava tube does contain some unpaved and bumpy sections. Due to these road conditions this tour may not be suitable for those guests who are prone to motion sickness. Other restrictions may apply.
- Ages 8 +
- Tour is approx. 10-12 hours. Travel time from most resorts is approx. 6 hrs round-trip.
Hawaii Forest & Trail has implemented new Health and Safety Policies based on guidance and requirements by the State of Hawaii and CDC. The following requirements will need to be met in order to join them:
- Health Questionnaire completed prior to your participation.
- Face masks are not required EXCEPT for tours that access Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Guests agree to follow guide instructions regarding masks and social distancing.
- Please bring your own reusable water bottle (refills will be provided).
Please make sure that you review any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Hawaii. Visit https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdisease2019/ or https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/
- Snacks, beverages, Deli style lunch prepared by Christine’s Deli, Dinner, Bring your own reusable water bottle.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.