Come and join Kipu Ranch Adventures for a beautiful breathtaking three-hour Scenic Ranch Tour through Kipu Ranch.
PUBLIC FISHING CHARTER – MAKAI SPORTFISHING
Based on the Southwest side of Kauai, in Port Allen, they offer 4 hour, 6 hour, 8 hour and 10 hour fishing charters. Their “SHARED” or public tours accommodate up to 6 guests, Their “DELUXE” tours restrict to maximum 4 guests for a more personalized experience and Their “PRIVATE” tours allow a private charter with only your group and up to 6 people total.
Their do operate year round, though the start times for the charters will change with the seasons, so please pay close attention to dates/times.
The main species they target are the Marlin (Spear Chucker, Stripy & Blue). Tuna or “Ahi” (Yellowfin, Bigeye, Skipjack & Wavy Back. And Mahi-Mahi & Wahoo or “Ono”.
- 4 Hour Tour Minimum Age 5 Years Old
- 6 Hour Tour Minimum Age 5 Years Old
- 8 Hour Tour Minimum Age 5 Years Old
- 4 Hour Tour- Ride Along Person (Not allowed to fish)
- 6 Hour Tour -Ride Along Person (Not allowed to fish)
- 8 Hour Tour- Ride Along Person (Not allowed to fish)
- locally owned and operated
- Operates year round
- 42 foot Sportfisher Uniflite
Kauai Group Fishing Trip
*This SHARED tour, requires a minimum of 4 people to confirm the tour. You are welcome to pay for the additional space to confirm a trip.
Once on board, you’ll be given a short safety briefing and you will get on your way. The tour starts once you leave the dock. Typically, they begin setting the lines in the water as they are exiting the outer break wall and officially declare the fishing has started!
Makai Sportfishing will look at the weather, rely on chatter from other captains and make notes of where we were catching fish in the days before to help determine the path for your tour. Based on the length of the trip and time of year you may not be more than one mile or two offshore or you may go 12-15 miles offshore.
80%-90% of what you do will be trolling with artificial lures. On occasion they use dead bait and chunk bait and do a surface jig at the buoys. (When they live bait, the bait is to be caught first thing in the morning).
While on board, you’ll have access to their AC cabin with two different couches, stand up fridge for any food and drinks (but NO GLASS allowed), microwave, usable sink and full stand-up head (restroom). On the back deck, they have a large cooler for sitting, along with their fighting chair and plenty of space to move around. Up the stairs to the helm, they have a large storage box for seating, with a hardtop canopy for shade.
The main species targeted are the marlin (spear chucker, stripy, blue), Tuna – Ahi (yellowfin, bigeye, skipjack, wavy back), and mahi-mahi and wahoo – ONO.
Piikea is a 42 foot Sportfisher Uniflite, built originally in 1978 and fully gutted and rebuilt in 2011. She is one of the larger fishing vessels here in Kauai which provides more comfort, more stability and an over all more enjoyable fishing charter. She has a closed cabin, cooled with Ac, a Refrigerator for any drinks or food, along with a microwave to warm anything up. A full marine head(restroom) and a fresh water system to wash up and rinse off if needed. A large back deck with coolers for seating and a fishing chair too land the catch. A hard cover helm station upstairs for shade with some seating to take in the views. Makai Sportfishing looks forward to welcoming you aboard Piikea on your next Deep Sea Fishing Tour here in Kauai!
Your Tour Includes
They provide everything you need to fish: Rods, reels, line, lures, ice, and small tackle equipment when needed.
What to Bring
Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, light jacket, and a camera. Recommend packing a lunch. Activity does not include a lunch option.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.