Mountain Tubing Adventure
This one-of-a-kind activity is geared for people of all fitness levels, ages five and over. Bring the whole family along. Have fun floating down the historic Hanamaulu Ditch Irrigation system through tunnels, flumes, and open canals. Your way is lit by the headlamp on your complementary helmet. At the end of the journey, you're rewarded with a refreshing dip in a natural mountain swimming hole and a delicious picnic lunch. Those weighing less than 300 lbs. are welcome. This three-hour tour is perfect for families and groups.
- Tube Through Miles of Tunnels & Flumes
- Swim in Pristine Swimming Hole
- Great for the Whole Family
Tubing Tour on Kauai
Venture off with experienced guides to a unique tubing adventure that takes you back in time to the sugar plantation era. Relive old traditions and tube the flumes and ditches of the old Lihue Plantation. Enjoy an exclusive Kauai tubing experience that occurs on private lands that have never before been open to the public. There’s something for everyone and every fitness level!
Traverse an old sugar cane plantation into Kauai’s pristine interior and enjoy breathtaking vistas and spectacular scenery. Grab a tube, don a headlamp, and jump in for a leisurely cruise. Witness Kauai’s spectacular engineering feats as you float down the tropical waterway consisting of open ditches, tunnels, and flumes all of which were engineered and hand-dug circa 1870 by plantation workers. Each tunnel is unique and magical, especially when you and your group turn on your headlamps to view these engineering wonders.
At the end of your tubing adventure, you’re guided to an enchanted picnic area complete with a natural mountain swimming hole to enjoy your picnic style lunch. Enjoy a refreshing dip in a natural mountain stream. Truly a unique and memorable Kauai experience for the entire family! An unforgettable adventure!
Kauai Mountain Tubing Tour Notes
Adventurers should be ready to have fun and get wet – bring along water friendly shoes, no flip-flops, a towel, change of dry clothing, sunscreen, hat and bug repellent, and wear swimsuits or quick drying shorts and shirts. Tubes, gloves, helmets with headlamps, and lunch are included. (Rental shoes are available in sizes 5-12). Unless weather prohibits, tubing tours go out rain or shine.
- Tour Policies, Restrictions and Recommendations
Ages 5 and older welcome. Must be a minimum height of 43 inches required. Children 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Not recommended for anyone claustrophobic or those with back problems. Weight limit = 300 lbs.
Kauai Backcountry Adventures is located in the town of Lihue. Get detailed directions.
- Food & Beverages
Picnic style pita sandwich, choice of turkey or vegetarian. Your delicious lunch will also include chips, cookies and cold beverage.
- Cancellation Policy
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.