Mountain Tubing Adventure | Kauai Backcountry Adventures
KAUAI’S ONLY TUBING ADVENTURE ACTIVITY! Hop on one of Kauai Backcountry Adventures four-wheel-drive vehicles and traverse the former Lihue Plantation lands as you ride deep into Kauai’s pristine emerald green interior, where your tubing adventure begins! Enjoy breathtaking vistas while your guide shares information about our island. When you arrive at the remote launch site, grab a tube, don a headlamp, and jump in the gently flowing waters.
- Go tubing in Hawaii through miles of tunnels & flumes
- Swim in pristine swimming hole
- Great for the whole family
Kauai Backcountry Mountain Tubing
Witness Kauai’s spectacular, historic engineering feats as you float down the open canals and through several amazing tunnels and flumes engineered and hand-dug circa 1870. Enjoy the wonder and magic of each tunnel illuminated by your headlamp. At the end of your adventure, you are guided to an enchanted picnic area nearby for a light snack and a cool dip in a natural swimming hole. There’s no better way to experience the Kauai mountains!
THIS MOUNTAIN TUBING ADVENTURE IS A UNIQUE AND MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY! This tubing adventure is perfect for people ages 5 and over and in generally good physical condition. The gently flowing waters, beautiful scenery, flumes, and tunnels create a relaxing, fun, and fascinating experience. And when we say unique, we mean it! This is the only tubing activity of this type on Kauai, and Kauai Backcountry Adventures is the only eco-tour company with access to these 17,000 acres of former plantation lands.
The historic Lihue Plantation ditch and tunnel system that once irrigated vast sugar crops had been unused since sugar was taken out of production in 2000. In January 2003, Kaua’i Backcountry Adventures opened a section for exclusive tubing tours. This water system runs through some of the most beautiful and remote lands on the island. It includes spectacular views of the ocean, coastline, mountains, and valleys. The waters that originate near the top of Mount Waialeale, one of the wettest spots in the world, are channeled through ditches and tunnels hand-dug by plantation workers over a century ago!
If you want to get off the beaten track, don’t miss this exclusive tubing tour. From start to finish, your guides will take you on an amazing, fun-filled journey that you’re not likely to forget. Visitors say it time and time again that these tours were the highlight of their vacation and often return for more tropical adventures.
Kauai Mountain Tubing Tour Notes
Adventurers should be ready to have fun and get wet – bring along water friendly shoes, no flip-flops, a towel, change of dry clothing, sunscreen, hat and bug repellent, and wear swimsuits or quick drying shorts and shirts. Tubes, gloves, helmets with headlamps, and lunch are included. (Rental shoes are available in sizes 5-12). Unless weather prohibits, tubing tours go out rain or shine.
Kauai Backcountry Adventures Includes
- Headlamps & gloves
- Snacks and water (two hours into the tour)
- Hand sanitizer
What to Bring
- Secured water friendly shoes required, NO FLIP FLOPS (rental shoes available)
- Swimsuits or clothing that can get wet
- Towel and a dry change of clothing
- Mask, if you do not have one they are available for purchase.
- Hat (recommended but not required)
- Bug repellent
- All guests are weighed at check-in. Those outside the 300 pound range are not able to participate.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is not recommended for those with back, hip, or knee problems.
- Not recommended for anyone claustrophobic.
- Women up to the second trimester of pregnancy may participate with written physical approval.
- Temperature must be under 100.4 to go on tour.
Kauai Backcountry Adventures is located in the town of Lihue. Get detailed directions.
Light snack and water.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.