A true hand-on experience. Each passenger, once on board, becomes the crew and the deck hand.
KAUAI PRIVATE FISHING CHARTER | MAKAI SPORTFISHING
Makai Sportfishing will provide everything you need to fish: Rods, reels, line, lures, ice, and small tackle equipment when needed! The main species targeted are the marlin (spear chucker, stripy, blue), Tuna – Ahi (yellowfin, bigeye, skipjack, wavy back), and mahi-mahi and wahoo – ONO.
- 4-hour Private Tour Up To 6 People | Minimum Age 5 Years Old
- 6-hour Private Tour Up To 6 People | Minimum Age 5 Years Old
- 8-hour Private Tour Up To 6 People | Minimum Age 5 Years Old
Beginners to most experienced welcome (children 5+ welcome)
- Private tour
- 1 person minimum; 6 people maximum
Private Fishing Aboard the Pi’ikea
On this PRIVATE tour, Makai Sportfishing requires a minimum of 1 person to confirm the tour. Makai Sportfishing’s vessel, the Pi’ikea, can take a maximum of 6 people. Their PRIVATE tour is just that. Makai Sportfishing will close the boat to other groups and keep it to just your group! Once on board, they’ll give a short safety briefing and get on your way.
Typically, they’ll begin setting the lines in the water as you are exiting the outer break wall and officially declare the fishing has started!
Makai Sportfishing will look at the weather, rely on chatter from other captains and make notes of where they were catching fish in the days before to help determine our path for your tour. Based on the length of the trip and time of year you may not be more than one mile or two offshore or you may go 12-15 miles offshore.
80%-90% of what Makai Sportfishing does will be trolling with artificial lures. On occasion they will use dead bait and chunk bait and do a surface jig at the buoys. (When they use live bait, the bait is to be caught first thing in the morning).
While on board, you’ll have access to our AC cabin with two different couches, stand up fridge for any food and drinks (but NO GLASS allowed), microwave, usable sink and full stand-up head (restroom). Up the stairs to the helm, they have a large storage box for seating, with a hardtop canopy for shade.
What to Bring
Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, light jacket, and a camera. Recommend packing a lunch, snacks, and drinks (NO GLASS allowed). Activity does not include a lunch option.
- No expectant mothers.
- This is an ocean adventure. Ocean conditions can vary and may turn rough at times; this tour may not be suitable for everyone.
- If anyone is prone to motion sickness, it is recommendto take a preventative ahead of time. No refunds are given for seasickness.
- Children must be at least 5 years old
- If anyone requires daily medication like asthma inhalers, epi-pens, insulin, or other necessary medications, it is mandatory that you bring them with you on your tour.
- Anyone with chronic back, neck or hip injuries, or back pains and/or limb impairment/injuries should not board vessel.
- Anyone with recent surgeries of any kind should not board vessel.
- No smoking on tour
- They will cut any fish or a combination of fish up to 40lbs at Captains discretion for you to enjoy on island.
- Anything larger than 40lbs is considered the boat’s fish and will be sent to market.
- Any fish that will be taken, must be cut and cannot leave the dock whole and will not be held overnight.
- All fish must be removed from the vessel the day of the trip.
- By leaving the dock without fish you are aware you’re forfeiting your catch to the boat.
You are welcome to bring your own food, snacks, and drinks. (No GLASS allowed).
You will have access to a stand up fridge for any food and drinks (but NO GLASS allowed), microwave, and usable sink.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.