Kalihiwai Falls Hike
Hike to the ranch lookout point to witness breathtaking mountain and ocean views. Continue on to a secluded 100 foot waterfall for a delicious lunch and swim—3 hours of hiking and 1 hour at the waterfall.
- Hiking and Swimming
- Learn Hawaii’s History
- Delicious Picnic Lunch
An award-winning hiking experience on the pristine, private Princeville Ranch! Ascend “Green Hill” and witness breathtaking mountain and ocean views. Enjoy learning about Kauai’s history flora and fauna as you hike the lowland rainforest.
Next descend a ten-foot rock wall to the spectacular five-tiered Kalihiwai Falls! Have it all to yourselves for swimming and playing; then relax with a delicious picnic. Continue up-valley alongside several streams, soaking up the sights and scents of the jungle.
Hiking time is three hours and hiking distance is approximately four miles. Rated moderately strenuous. Includes roughhewn stairs, multiple stream crossings and a ten-foot rock wall climb. By horse with the Stables or on foot with us, it’s the only way to swim at Kalihiwai Falls!
What to Bring
- Light, comfortable clothing that can get muddy; wear swimsuit underneath
- Hiking boots, sneakers or closed toe trail shoes
- Drinking water—32 ounces per person
- Tour Policies, Restrictions and Recommendations
All guides are CPR & first aid certified. No recent injuries or surgeries. No expectant mothers. Ages 5 & older in good to excellent physical condition. Children age 16 & 17 may tour without an adult. A parent must sign a liability waiver at check-in. Children age 5-15 must be accompanied on tour by an adult guest who is at least 18 years old.
- Food & Beverages
Delicious picnic: make-your-own deli sandwiches (with veggie option), chips & cookie
- Cancellation Policy
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.