Sea Quest has been providing personal and exciting rafting and snorkeling adventures along the South Kona Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii since 1988. Snorkel Kealakekua Bay & Honaunau. Two spectacular and pristine snorkeling locations.
HAKALAU BIRDWATCHING FOREST RESERVE EXCLUSIVE TOUR | HAWAII FOREST & TRAIL
Join Hawaii Forest & Trail for an unforgettable day exploring the birds, wildlife and a native forest in the Hakalau wildlife refuge with your expert birding guide!
- Private Ohana Outing up to 6 people and $52 for additional guests.
- Search For Native & Endangered Birds
- Access To National Wildlife Refuge
- Deli Style Lunch, Snacks & Beverages Included
Hakalau Birdwatching Forest Reserve Exclusive Tour
This Hakalau birdwatching adventure is run in one of their 4WD Mercedes Sprinters. These vehicles are perfect for birdwatching tours as they are designed for smaller, more intimate groups and deliver a rugged build that allows access to those off-the-beaten-path locations. Riding in style with their best-in-class field guides to a restricted access nature preserve, you’ll experience a truly unique Hawaii Island adventure.
Gain entry into a restricted-access National Wildlife Refuge and Discover rare native plants and animals, including carnivorous caterpillars and happy-faced spiders. Search for native & endangered birds including Amakihi, Apapane, Elepaio, Akepa, Akiapolaau, and Iiwi.
What To Bring & Wear
Sturdy closed-toe shoes or boots, long pants, and a light rain jacket. Guests should bring their own water bottles.
Included In Your Tour
- Breakfast snacks, trail snacks, deli style lunch, assorted beverages, refillable filtered water
- Walking sticks, binoculars, day packs, warm wear and rain ponchos.
Know Before You Go
- Expect to cover approximately 2 to 4 miles of hiking in 4 hours. Over the course of the hike the elevation change is approximately 650’.
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain, sometimes cool, wet or muddy conditions are encountered.
- Please note the Refuge access road can be rough & bumpy and requires 4WD. Due to the possible rough road conditions this tour may not be suitable for those guests who have neck or back issues or those who are prone to motion sickness. Other tour restrictions may apply.
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. They sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions.
- Please note the Refuge access road can be rough & bumpy, and requires 4WD. Due to the possible rough road conditions this tour may not be suitable for those guests who have neck or back issues or those who are prone to motion sickness. Other tour restrictions may apply.
Hawaii Forest & Trail has implemented new Health and Safety Policies based on guidance and requirements by the State of Hawaii and CDC. The following requirements will need to be met in order to join them:
- Face masks are not required to participate. However, masks are available for guests.
- Guests agree to follow guide instructions regarding masks and social distancing.
- Please bring your own reusable water bottle (refills will be provided).
Please make sure that you review any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Hawaii. Visit https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdisease2019/ or https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/
- Breakfast snacks, trail snacks, assorted beverages, refillable filtered water.
Deli style lunch
- Turkey sandwich
- Ham sandwich
- Pastrami sandwich
- Veggie sandwich
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.