Set out to new fishing adventures on the prolific Hawaii waters with Kona Cowboy Sportfishing at the helm! Captain Shawn Slattery runs his charters from the Big Island of Hawaiʻi, the Blue Marlin capital of the world, where the ocean is deep and game fish are abundant.
BIG ISLAND VOLCANO ADVENTURE TOUR | POLYNESIAN ADVENTURE TOURS
A volcano adventure you won’t soon forget… Learn about the Pele, the fire goddess! View dormant & active volcanoes, Cascading Waterfalls, Craters and miles of Lava beds. Explore the tsunami-stricken city of Hilo on this comprehensive volcano adventure tour.
- Adult Ages 12+
- Children Age 3-11
- Infants Ages 2 & Under
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Spectacular Waterfalls
- Picnic Lunch
Big Island Volcano Tour Adventure
Discover the source of Hawaii Island’s creation at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park! Explore cascading waterfalls, craters, and the tsunami-stricken city of Hilo on this comprehensive volcano adventure tour. Bear witness to the 2018 eruption that drastically altered the island’s landscape. Peer into the depths of Halemaumau Crater which has remarkably doubled in size and watch steam clouds form as ground water seeps onto hot volcanic rock at the famous Steam Vents.
Enjoy an included lunch. Marvel at not one by two spectacular waterfalls – Rainbow and Akaka Falls. Gaze at sweeping coastal views at Kealakomo Overlook where older lava flows melted into the ocean. Drive down scenic Chain of Craters Road.
Depart: 7:30 AM Return: 6:00 PM
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Halema’uma’u Crater – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Rainbow Falls – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Akaka Falls – Set in a rainforest filled with bamboo groves, orchids and hanging ferns Akaka Falls is a must see.
- Hilo Town – Including Banyan Drive, Richardson’s Black Sand Beach & Liliuokalani Gardens
What To Bring
Wear comfortable attire and shoes. Closed-toe shoes are recommended due to uneven walking surfaces. Bring a light sweater or jacket. Wear Sunscreen and bring a camera.
Included In Your Tour
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient locations in Hilo. (If you are staying in the Kona area, they do not pickup in Kona.)
- Tour departs the first pickup location at 7:30 AM and returns at approximately 6:00 PM.
- If you are staying in the Kona area, they do not pickup in Kona.
- If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, they will pick you up at the closest location.
- 24 hours prior to your tour, please re-confirm your pick up time and location by calling 808-833-3000.
Enjoy an included picnic lunch.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.