Join Anelakai Adventures as they slip out into the dark ocean from Keauhou Bay, then paddle a very short 10 minute paddle out to the manta ray night snorkel site.
HIDDEN CRATERS HIKE | HAWAII FOREST & TRAIL
View past eruption sites, craters, and lava tubes while discovering how geologic events shape the Big Island of Hawaii. Hawaii volcano tours are an excellent way to experience the fantastic forces of creation and destruction.
- Child (8-12)
- Private Ohana Outing up to 4 people and $105 for additional guests.
- Exclusive Private Access Onto Hualalai Volcano
- Climb Through A Lava Tube
- 3-4 mile Hike
Hidden Craters Hike
Their volcano tours include both famous destinations and off the beaten path spots that only insiders know. Hawaii Forest & Trail interpretive volcano guides are responsive to your wishes and will provide a unique and informative tour experience. The guides they have are knowledgeable and passionate about sharing the island with you.
Venture onto private land behind 3 locked gates to explore the upper slopes of Kona’s very own volcano – Hualalai. Take pleasure in a 3-4 mile hike through untouched cloud forest with incredible vistas of the Kona coast. This journey provides intimate, unique access to the site of multiple volcanic eruptions from the 1800’s, all within a short distance. Explore a unique lava tube and capture scenic views of the coastline, stand on the edge of precipitous volcanic craters that plunge deep into the earth below.
What To Bring & Wear
Hiking or sturdy closed-toe shoes, a hat, sunscreen, and a light sweatshirt or jacket, water bottle.
Included In Your Tour
- Trail bar snack and water refills (Please bring your own reusable bottle!).
- Walking sticks, day packs and rain jackets.
Know Before You Go
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain with up to 1,000′ elevation gain & descent. You may encounter cool and wet conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.
- Hike is 3-4 miles along uneven terrain with some steep inclines and declines with elevation gains & descents. Rated moderate.
- Elevation Gain on the tour ranges from sea level to 6,000 feet. They will meander on a single-track trail through native forest with an elevation change of approximately 800 to 1,000 feet. While exploring the lava tube, expect to descend and ascend approximately 30-40 feet.
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain with up to 1,000′ elevation gain & descent. They may encounter cool and wet conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.
Hawaii Forest & Trail has implemented new Health and Safety Policies based on guidance and requirements by the State of Hawaii and CDC. The following requirements will need to be met in order to join them:
- Face masks are not required to participate. However, masks are available for guests.
- Guests agree to follow guide instructions regarding masks and social distancing.
- Please bring your own reusable water bottle (refills will be provided).
Please make sure that you review any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Hawaii. Visit https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdisease2019/ or https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/
- Trail bar snack and water refills.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.