Activities Kauai Wildlife Refuge Eco Tour
Kauai Wildlife Refuge Eco Tour
NOTE: Landing site is currently being renovated. No resevervations are being accepted at this time for the Kauai Wildlife Refuge Eco-Tour. You can still book Safari Helicopter's Deluxe Waterfall Tour.
Experience the view from above in the comfort of a state-of-the-art helicopter in this 90 minute tour that will take you on a 100+ mile tour of central Kauai; where scores of Hollywood directors were able to capture its unmatched beauty on the silver screen. Safari Helicopters’ experienced and knowledgeable pilots will highlight hot spots that make this “oldest island in the Hawaiian chain” a favorite of residents and visitors alike. Plus, enjoy the unique and rare opportunity for a stopover at the Kauai Wildlife Refuge.
Safari is the first and only legally authorized company to provide a remote landing on the island of Kauai since all helicopters were banned from landing anywhere over 25 years ago. Any other company that purports to do a remote landing on a regular basis is doing so on an illegally.
The Kauai Wildlife Refuge is located within the Robinson Ranch on property exclusively owned by Keith Robinson who has been dedicated to the preservation of native Hawaiian plants endemic to the Hawaiian Islands. This site overlooks the Olokele Canyon owned by the Robinson Family and is totally inaccessible to the public otherwise. You will be able to view the vastness of this particular canyon and the wonders of possible rainbows and waterfalls in the distance. The canyon is sometimes called the East Fork of the Waimea Canyon and extends from Waimea to the back west side of Mt. Waialeale Crater. There are no public roads or overlooks by land to view this spectacular site. A number of films were produced at this location such as one of the scenes from the movie Jurassic Park.
Your pilot will share with you the Robinson Family history and the plans to develop the property into a wildlife preserve for native Hawaiian plants endemic to the Hawaiian Islands. Subject to availability, Mr. Keith Robinson may be on site to discuss his botanical plans.
This 90 minute tour offers an extensive, detailed and thorough air tour of the Garden Island of Kauai. Only 20% of this island is accessible by car or foot. You'll get to experience the 80% of Kauai you've been missing. Video of actual tour is available for $30.00. At the stop over site, there are restrooms and picnic tables. Part of the tour proceeds will be going to the preservations of Kauai Wildlife Refuge.
TOUR POLICIES, RESTRICTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- Flights may vary depending upon weather conditions
- Passengers weighing 250 lbs. and over may have to purchase an extra seat. Passengers weighing over 275 lbs. will have to purchase an extra seat at 100%
- Children under 24 months and less than 25lbs are considered a “lap child” (no charge), however, we do not recommend or encourage “lap children” on the flight
- Prices subject to change without further notice
Food & Beverages
Refreshments will be served during the 40-minute stop at the Kauai Wildlife Refuge
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided