Kauai Backcountry zipline tour is exhilarating and unlike anything else you have experienced! Kauai Backcountry Adventures open-air “jungle cruiser” takes you to the start of the zipline course. After a thorough briefing, you’re safely harnessed and prepared with confidence to soar along seven ziplines down a mountainside to the valley floor below.
8-LINE ZIPLINE TOUR | SHAKA ZIPLINE
Redefine “family fun”, Leap off platforms over the top of 200-foot drops and fly over acres of lush, untouched Hawaiian landscape with outstanding mountain and ocean views on this Kauai 8-Line Zipline Tour.
- Rider Ages 10+
- 8 Exhilarating Ziplines
- 200-Foot Drops, Three Unique Valleys
- Hawaii’s Only Plank-Launch Zipline
8-Line Zipline Tour
Kauai is called the Garden Isle because 97% of its land is undeveloped mountain ranges and rainforests. And there’s no better place to see all that untouched beauty than on this Kauai Zipline Tour.
On Shaka Zipline’s Kauai 8-Line Zipline Tour, get the best view ever of three unique valleys and dramatic backdrops of mountains and Kauai’s south shore and find out why this course was voted a Kauai Best Extreme Tour in 2017.
Step (safely!) outside your comfort zone and onto platforms with 200-foot drops, then reach speeds faster than 50 miles per hour. For those thrill seekers, Walk the plank: Get a running start and launch yourself from Hawaii’s only plank-launch zipline—a great adventure for kids and grownups, too! Come home from Kauai with something to brag about!
What To Bring
Adventurers should be ready to have fun. Shorts or pants and a t-shirt are ideal for your comfort. For your safety, they ask that you wear shoes with a fully-enclosed toe and heel, like an athletic or hiking shoe. Shoes must be snug. (No water shoes. No Teva or Keen-type sandals with open sections or 5-finger shoes.)
They do provide a zippered bag that can attach to your harness or waist to store small items. You can bring your camera on the zipline portion of the adventure at your own risk. They recommend that you securely strap it to yourself or use one of their free pouches to store it while you zip. There are GoPro cameras available to rent on each tour.
- You must be at least age 10 and weigh between 80 and 260 pounds for this tour. Children 14 years and younger must have an adult (18+) participant on tour with them. An adult must sign a waiver for each child.
- This activity is not recommended for those uncomfortable with heights. Those that have had recent surgeries; or with back, hip, or knee problems may not participate. Those that are or may be pregnant may not participate.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.
Kauai Backcountry Adventures is located in the town of Lihue. For detailed directions access map here.