This is an easy-going Hawaiʻian Style paddle on a Class Zero river combined with a moderate hike through a rainforest.
WAILUA WATERFALL KAYAK & HIKE TOUR | OUTFITTERS KAUAI
Paddle the Wailua River, once home to royalty and you will see why. After paddling downwind and upstream, you embark on a one-mile hike to a waterfall! Take a dip and have some lunch. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and get a workout on the way back.
- Child (5-14)
- Kayak Wailua River On A Tandem Ruddered Kayak
- Secluded Waterfall
- Hike in a Tropical Paradise
Wailua Waterfall Kayak & Hike Tour
The top rated Kauai kayak tour! Paddle your tandem ruddered kayak deep into the heart of Kauaʻi on Hawaiʻi’s largest tropical river: the Wailua. You will be furnished with the best equipment available, including comfortable, padded high-back backrests and quality paddles.
Take in the Hawaiian deep jungle scenery Wailua has to offer. On this Wailua Waterfall Kayak you paddle downwind and upstream on a placid jungle stream. Once you reach your destination, you take a somewhat rugged one-mile hike up the valley to a dramatic 100′ waterfall and pool. Take a dip and enjoy lunch. You then head back downstream against headwinds, this makes for a great workout. Enjoy what Wailua has to offer on this Kauai waterfall kayak tour!
Check In: Outfitters Kauai Kipu Ranch Office: 230 Kipu Rd Lihue Hi 96766
Know Before You Go
You must be able to walk two miles of rugged trail & kayak 60-90 minutes (about 4 miles roundtrip). You’ll be in the rainforest so be prepared for showers and muddy trail conditions. This is Outfitters Kauai’s most strenuous river kayak and hiking tour.
What to Bring
Adventurers should be ready to have fun. Bring a swimsuit, shorts, t shirt, windbreaker or light rain coat, and footwear with aggressive tread for muddy conditions. Either sport sandals with heelstraps or aqua socks work great. And don’t forget a hat, sunscreen, bug spray, and a waterproof camera.
All participants must read and sign a voluntary release and waiver of liability prior to taking the tour.
Wailua Waterfall Kayak Tour Restrictions:
• The tour includes a 3 mile roundtrip hike, and kayak paddling. You must be able to walk one and a half miles each way over muddy trails with irregular terrain & kayak for 60-90 minutes in a tandem kayak with a partner.
• All participants are in suitable physical condition for this activity. If there are any questions, I (we) will consult a physician.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
This tour includes a great lunch. Lunch comes with a turkey sandwich, carrots and a freshly baked brownie. Cold drinks are available throughout the day.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.