This is an easy-going Hawaiʻian Style paddle on a Class Zero river combined with a moderate hike through a rainforest.
WAILUA WATERFALL KAYAK & HIKE TOUR | OUTFITTERS KAUAI
Paddle the Wailua River, once home to royalty and you will see why. After paddling downwind and upstream, you embark on a one-mile hike to a waterfall! Take a dip and have some lunch. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and get a workout on the way back.
- Child (5-14)
- Kayak Wailua River On A Tandem Ruddered Kayak
- Secluded Waterfall
- Hike in a Tropical Paradise
Wailua Waterfall Kayak & Hike Tour
The top rated Kauai kayak tour! Paddle your tandem ruddered kayak deep into the heart of Kauaʻi on Hawaiʻi’s largest tropical river: the Wailua. You will be furnished with the best equipment available, including comfortable, padded high-back backrests and quality paddles.
Take in the Hawaiian deep jungle scenery Wailua has to offer. On this Wailua Waterfall Kayak you paddle downwind and upstream on a placid jungle stream. Once you reach your destination, you take a somewhat rugged one-mile hike up the valley to a dramatic 100′ waterfall and pool. Take a dip and enjoy lunch. You then head back downstream against headwinds, this makes for a great workout. Enjoy what Wailua has to offer on this Kauai waterfall kayak tour!
Check In: Outfitters Kauai Kipu Ranch Office: 230 Kipu Rd Lihue Hi 96766
What to Bring
Adventurers should be ready to have fun. Bring a swimsuit, shorts, t shirt, windbreaker or light raincoat, and footwear with aggressive tread for muddy conditions. Either sport sandals with heel straps or aqua socks work great. And don’t forget a hat, sunscreen, bug spray, and a waterproof camera.
Know Before You Go
You must be able to walk two miles of rugged trail & kayak 60-90 minutes (about 4 miles roundtrip). You’ll be in the rainforest so be prepared for showers and muddy trail conditions. This is Outfitters Kauai’s most strenuous river kayak and hiking tour.
- All participants must read and sign a voluntary release and waiver of liability prior to taking the tour.
- The tour includes a 3 mile roundtrip hike, and kayak paddling.
- You must be able to walk one and a half miles each way over muddy trails with irregular terrain & kayak for 60-90 minutes in a tandem kayak with a partner.
- All participants must be in suitable physical condition for this activity. If there are any questions, should consult a physician.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Turkey sandwich or vegetarian salad, carrots and a freshly baked brownie.
- Cold drinks are available throughout the day.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.