Come and join Kipu Ranch Adventures for a beautiful breathtaking three-hour Scenic Ranch Tour through Kipu Ranch.
SECRET FALLS KAYAK & HIKE | ALI’I KAYAKS
This eco-adventure is great for even those who have never touched a paddle. You are guided and given instruction on how to control your kayak so you can travel at your own pace. You don’t have to be a Triathlete to conquer both a kayak paddle and Hawaii hike in one day.
- People Age 5+
- Paddle, Hike, and Swim
- 120-ft. “Secret Falls” Waterfall
- Paddle Through Dense Hawaiian Rainforest
Secret Falls Kayak & Hike (Wailua Falls)
Take an eco-adventure Kayak/Hike with Alii Kayaks and see a Secret Waterfall! Among all the rivers available to adventure seekers, Wailua River Valley seems to be one of the most special places. This is an easy-going Hawaiʻian Style paddle on a Class Zero river combined with a moderate hike through a rainforest, wading through streams, traversing muddy trails, and walking over a tree root system the size of a large SUV; a definite rock solid adventure.
You’ll have enough energy for a swim at the bottom of the 120-ft. Secret Falls Waterfall. The hike has some mild terrain and is not overly strenuous. Feel rewarded when you reach the falls and take a moment to catch your breath – though it might be taken away again by the breathtaking beauty. Be sure to get a picture in front of the falls so you have proof you conquered the Wailua River and Secret Falls hike.
Your Kauai Secret Falls Kayak and Hike Tour totals about four miles of paddling and two miles hiking round trip. That is two miles paddling up the river, a mile hike to the waterfall, and then back.
This tour is relaxing and safe but not recommended for anyone that is pregnant, has bad knees/legs/ankles or a bad back. Participants should be comfortable around water and enjoy hiking, in good physical condition, and enjoy hiking. Proper footwear is required, TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN BE EXTREMELY MUDDY WITHOUT ADVANCED NOTICE!
Expect about four miles of paddling and easy kayaking and close to two miles moderate hiking (trail conditions can be slippery and muddy at times). Walking sticks are provided.
What To Bring
Water friendly Shoes (NO FLIPFLOPS), swimwear, towels, dry bag, sunscreen, hat, bug repellant, snacks, lunch, beverages and change of clothes for afterwards.
Know Before You Go
Check in Smith’s Tropical Paradise parking lot 3-5971 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaʻa, HI 96746. Reservations are required.
Participants should be comfortable around water and enjoy hiking. No pregnancies, bad backs or bad knees. No children under 5 years of age. Proper footwear is required,
No lunch option. Bring your own beverages, snacks, or picnic lunches.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.