Napali Coast Sunset Dinner Sail | Holo Holo Charters
Join Holo-Holo Charter' on their Napali Sunset Sailing Tour aboard Leila, a 50-foot, Kauai-built sailing catamaran, and experience the astounding beauty of Napali’s 3500-foot cliffs, cascading waterfalls, sea caves, secluded beaches, and abundant marine and wildlife. Sit back and enjoy a delicious Hawaiian-inspired meal and celebrate the setting of the sun with a sparkling wine toast to wind down an unforgettable Kauai sunset cruise.
- Beautiful Kauai Sunset
- 50-Foot, Kauai-Built Sailing Catamaran
- Seasonal Whale Watching
Napali Coast Sunset Dinner Sail
Holo Holo Charters is passionate about sailing! Turning off the motors, setting the sails, and letting the power of the wind move you across the ocean, really puts you in touch with our humanity and satisfies your need to explore and adventure. Sharing this passion is their business, so please come aboard their Napali Sunset Sailing Tour and let them wine and dine you up the Napali Coast, and take you sailing into the sunset!
You’ll be taking Leila—their spacious and beautiful 50-foot, Kauai-built sailing catamaran. Leila was very specifically designed to efficiently sail Kauai’s coast and to look amazing while doing it! Her narrow hulls and low center of gravity make for a most comfortable ride. You’ll find plenty of room to spread out on Leila’s deck and her nets, and there are two restrooms on board for your convenience.
They only hoist the sails if weather permits, wind is needed to fill the sails! They will try to avoid motor-sailing as many others do, sails up and engines on, as the joy of sailing comes from the quiet you can only experience with motors off and the natural push of the wind. On this tour you will be are covering over 60 nautical miles, so they will be motoring most of the trip, but when conditions permit, they will sail for up to thirty (30) minutes or more.
Once situated, they will cast the lines, and take a right out of Port Allen Harbor, making the way up Kauai’s westside to the Napali Coast. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for dolphins, whales (seasonal), and turtles that frequent the area.
After passing Polihale State Park, you’ll be in the heart of the world-famous Napali Coast. Napali is the gem of Hawaii, and the warm afternoon is an excellent time to take it all in. Your captain and crew will narrate the journey, telling you the fascinating history and colorful legends behind Napali’s beaches, valleys, reefs, caves, and arches. Glimmering waterfalls and the changing colors of the late afternoon sky provide the most romantic backdrop for this incredible and informative experience.
When they’ve turned around and are pointing south is usually when they are heading downwind, which makes this the best time to get their sail in! Upwind sailing can be a bit bumpy but downwind is dreamy, so they’ll set the sails, kill the motors and let Leila do what she does best–gracefully travel along the Napali Coast by the power of the wind.
When the Kauai dinner cruise bell rings, it’s time to enjoy a locally-made meal—they’ve got pupus (appetizers) to start, followed by a delicious Hawaiian-inspired dinner to fill you up. In the beverage department, they can offer you water, soft drinks, juices, or– if you want to kick it up a notch– beer, wine, seltzers, or our Ginger Mai Tai’s made with award-winning, local, Koloa Rum. At sunset, you’ll share a sparkling wine toast to celebrate the day, because you got to enjoy another beautiful day in paradise!
By the time you get back to the dock and conclude the evening’s Napali sunset dinner sail, you should have not a worry in the world, but a big smile, a rosy glow, a warm heart, and memories that will last a lifetime.
Your Tour Includes
- See the Napali Coast, amazing marine life, and more!
- Stir-fry Dinner with Hawaiian influence
- Mai tais, beer, wine, and soft drinks during cruise. Sunset champagne toast
- The chance to see humpback whales (peak season Dec-Apr)
- Check-in at 1:30 p.m. at the Port Allen location (time varies by season).
- For safety, no pregnant women or children under 5 are allowed on this tour.
- Tax not included
Guest Health & Safety Policies
Holo Holo Charters knows the importance of protecting beautiful Kaua’i. Their primary goal is to ensure the safety of our guests, employees, and small island community. They look forward to providing safe and exciting ocean adventures for you, their extended ‘ohana.
Guests are required to complete a digital health waiver as well as a COVID-19 health screening prior to proceeding on tour.
They are taking additional care to minimize the risks associated with travel and group activities. They ask that all guests follow the guidelines below and practice care with health and hygiene. If you or any member of your party has been feeling ill, please let them know as soon as possible.
- Face masks are optional.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms related to COVID-19 including sore throat, cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. we request that you stay home and seek medical care.
- Please sanitize your hands prior to entering our office and prior to boarding our vessel. Wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines at all times. Maintain a distance of 6 feet between yourself and other guests who are not a part of your family/group whenever possible.
- Please cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
Company Health & Safety Policies
Additional steps in daily operations are put into practice by cleaning, disinfecting and updating protocols to ensure the safety and wellbeing of their guests and employees. Their policies adhere to the U.S. Coast Guard’s COVID-19 safety requirements, CDC recommendations and local requirements.
Their commitment to you:
- Increased cleaning and sanitization procedures onboard the vessels to exceed CDC guidelines. Additional hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the office and the vessels for your safety.
- Frequent wipe-downs of high-touch common areas are performed in the office and onboard the vessels.
- Holo Holo checks all employee temperatures daily. Each employee is required to pass a health screening before clocking in for their shift.
- All complimentary snorkeling gear (snorkel, mask, fins, and flotation devices), are cleaned and sanitized before and after every use, using protocols and products suggested by the CDC.
- All on-board meals are served in accordance with state requirements.
- No expectant mothers.
- Children must be at least 5 years old for all tours.
- If anyone is prone to motion sickness, we recommend taking a preventative ahead of time. No refunds are given for seasickness.
- If anyone requires daily medication like asthma inhalers, epi-pens, insulin, or other necessary medications, it is mandatory that you bring them with you on tour.
- All tours are barefoot tours (you must remove your footwear before boarding). Only orthopedic shoes are allowed.
- No smoking on tour.
- Non-swimmers are not allowed in the water on these tours.
- Full-face snorkel masks are not allowed, guests are required to use a traditional two-piece snorkel and mask sets that are provided by us, or they may bring their own.
- Meat, Cheese + Crackers
- Veggie Crudité with Ranch (Vegetarian) and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Vegan/GF)
- Fresh Pineapple Vegan/GF
- Pasta Salad (Vegetarian)
- Local Garden Greens (Vegan/GF)
- Hapa Rice (White + Brown Rice) (Vegan/GF)
- Teriyaki Chicken (GF)
- Kalua + Cabbage (GF)
- Roasted Tofu & Veggies (Vegan/GF)
- Kauai Coffee Coconut Caramel Crunch Brownie Bites (Vegetarian)
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.