Dive Kauaʻi’s Introductory Experience is exhilarating and unlike anything else you have experienced!
SCOOTER ADVENTURE DIVE| DIVE KAUAI
One push of the accelerator and you’re hooked! Dive Kauaʻi scooters are top-of-the-line Tusa DPVs that can take you on an adventure like no other! Soar over the reefs to phenomenal dive sites like Sheraton Caverns, where you can then tie up the scooter and swim through the awesome cavern system.
- Kauai Scooter Adventure Scooter + Regular Shore Dive Certified Divers Only (10+years)+tax
- Kauai Scooter Adventure 2-tank dive Certified Divers Only (10+years)+tax
- Amazing Marine Life
- Safe and Fun longer bottom times
- EXPERIENCED Certified Divers Only
Scooter Adventure Dive
Dive Kauaʻi is excited to exclusively offer Dive Kauai’s experienced certified divers a very special opportunity. Have you ever wanted to know what it feels like to glide effortlessly through the water like a seal or a shark? Get that feeling! Pretend to be “James Bond” with our DPV Scooter Dive!
Go where your legs alone can not take you. These state-of-the-art diver propulsion vehicles will pull or push a diver up to 4 miles per hour. Dive Kauai’s TUSA SAV-7 “With Saddle” diver propulsion vehicles are shaped like a miniature torpedo and are nearly weightless in the water. The comfortable handles and easy-to-operate trigger make these scooters effortless to operate. The advantages of diving with an underwater scooter are: less energy used, longer bottom times, more distance covered and they’re a ton of fun! Experience what other divers only imagine. Scooter dive with Dive Kauaʻi!
Included In Your Tour
All necessary scuba equipment is provided at no additional charge, including a full-length wetsuit for extra warmth. Certified divers will enjoy an interesting site and marine biology orientation. Their detailed site briefings include an explanation of all aspects of the dive such as depth, topography, marine life and safety procedures. Their marine biology briefings include fish identification along with interesting facts about endemic and rare species that may be encountered at each site. Divers will enjoy a relaxing surface interval which always includes delicious snacks and cold beverages, and then it’s back to the water for your second dive.
SAV-7 Evolution DPV
Free your hands with the new TUSA SAV-7 Evolution Scooter. The latest underwater vehicle.
Progressive acceleration system:
The SAV-7’s newly design rotational speed adjustment function allows for precise changes to your speed while in motion. This easily activated speed adjustment results in smooth effortless riding and allow for easy synchronization of speed between divers in a variety of geographical areas and varied current conditions.
L.E.D. Battery Indicator:
When the main power switch is turned on, the L.E.D. battery life indicator lights up providing the diver with a guide to remaining battery life.
What to Bring
- Wear a swimsuit. Bring a towel, sunscreen, and waterproof camera. All equipment is provided.
- Must be at least 10 years old
- Experienced certified Divers ONLY
- Due to safety, you should NOT go to elevations above 1000′ within 18 hours after diving. This includes Waimea Canyon, Helicopter Tours and Commercial Airline Flights. Please keep this in mind when booking your dives.
Recreational scuba diving and free diving requires good physical and mental health. There are a few medical conditions which can be hazardous while diving. Those who have, or are predisposed to any of these conditions, should be evaluated by a physician. This Diver Medical Participant Questionnaire provides a basis to determine if you should seek out that evaluation. If you have any concerns about your diving fitness not represented on the form, consult with your physician before diving. If you are feeling ill, avoid diving. If you think you may have a contagious disease, protect yourself and others by NOT participating in dive training and/or dive activities. For your safety, and that of others who may dive with you, please answer ALL questions honestly!
MEDICAL RECOMMENDATIONS :
- Divers who have had symptomatic COVID-19, should wait a minimum of TWO months, preferable THREE, before resuming their diving activities.
- Divers who have tested positive with COVID-19 but have remained completely asymptomatic, should wait ONE month before resuming diving.
- Divers who have been hospitalized with pulmonary symptoms related to COVID-19, should, after a three-month waiting period, undergo complete pulmonary function testing as well as a cardiac evaluation with echocardiography and exercise test (exercise electrocardiography) to ascertain normal cardiac function prior to your return to diving.
Feeling Sick? Stay Home!
Guests or staff who are feeling sick or know that they have been exposed to COVID-19 are REQUIRED to stay away. If a guest or staff member begin to show any symptoms or feel ill in anyway, they will be asked to leave the tour and their facilities.
In accordance with the KAUAI MASK MANDATE, Dive Kauai staff will be wearing face coverings when appropriate during your visit. Dive Kauai requires that everyone on their properties and locations have a face covering and use it when in close proximity to others. Failure to comply will result in the tour being cancelled and considered a day of cancellation NOT eligible for refund.
Limited Contact Check-in:
To minimize their eliminate opportunities for transmission, they have designed a limited contact check-in procedure.
- Additional check-in times will be added to minimize guest interaction between reservation parties
- Guests will receive a link to their digital liability waiver in the confirmation email. Please have one waiver per adult completed before arrival (minors can be on the same waiver as an adult)
Equipment Sanitization and Cleaning
Dive Kauai requests that guests please limit contact with equipment they are NOT personally using. their staff has put additional cleaning procedures in place.
- All Scuba & Snorkeling equipment, will be cleaned and disinfected after every tour. All cleaning and sanitizing will be done using procedures and products verified by the CDC and FDA.
- Boat will be thoroughly cleaned between every trip
- Rental gear will be properly rotated so it is only rented to one guests per day.
- Regulators, specifically 2nd stage mouthpiece and internal surfaces, snorkels, BCD Oral Inflator & Masks will face extra protocols for sanitization due to their use.
- Brand new mouth pieces will be available for purchase if guests would rather have a brand new mouth piece on regulators and snorkels. ($8)
*Certified Scooter Dives will be a maximum of 3 divers (Unless the whole group of 4-6 is the same family)
Dive Kauai will NO LONGER be providing transportation for any of their tours. Guests will be responsible to use their own method of transportation to get to and from the dive site or snorkel locations. Please pre-arrange a taxi if you don’t have a rental car.
All staff are required to frequently wash their hands throughout the day. Guests are also expected to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly before, during and after activities. Dive Kauai will have hand sanitizer in all of their vehicles and on their vessels where hand washing with soap and water is not possible.
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet and avoid direct contact with other people
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Make sure you and people around you follow good respiratory hygiene. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and dispose of that tissue right away.
- The CDC recommends wearing a cloth face covering and Dive Kauai strictly require this when not in water.
*NOTE: Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are incompatible with compressed gas, especially oxygen-enriched gas. If alcohol-based hand sanitizers are used before filling cylinders, ensure hands are completely dry and all alcohol has evaporated before touching.
It is strongly advised to ensure you use the restroom facilities at the hotel or lodging accommodations prior to arrival. The only facilities we have access to are port-o-johns at the shore dive site and public restrooms at the small boat harbor.
- Divers and dive centers should observe strictly the guidelines for disinfection of diving gear (as issued by the diving federations and Divers Alert Network).
- Dive Kauai Scuba Center soaks all regulators and masks in a chemical bath of “Bacto” for 15 minutes, this was certified by CDC and FDA to kill virus and bacteria. All gear is then thoroughly washed with fresh water and hung to dry. Gear is ONLY being used ONCE each day for additional safety protocols to ensure all gear is properly cleaned and sanitized. (New Mouthpieces and Masks are available for purchase for those who want additional peace of mind)
Light Snacks and beverages.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.