Kauai Down Under Instruction Dive | Kauai Down Under Scuba
Kauai Down Under Introduction Dive is exhilarating and unlike anything else you have experienced! Explore Kauai's marine life up-close! Kauai’s waters offer a diversity of reef topography in combination with a rich assortment of marine life that makes for truly remarkable diving. Dive sites like Koloa Landing in sunny Poipu are nurseries for many colorful reef fish and moray eels. Majestic lava tubes, rocky outcroppings, and large coral structures create the perfect habitat for fish to prosper. On Kauai, we are also very lucky to encounter the endangered Hawaiian Green Sea Turtle on nearly every dive!
- Amazing Marine Life
- Safe and Fun
- Professional Guides
Kauai Scuba Diving Tour & Instruction
The most popular south shore dive site is called Koloa Landing. This is a shore dive located in very protected Hanaka’ape Bay, which is sheltered from surf, wind, and chop. The entry and exit point is a convenient former boat ramp which we use to access the reef. There is very little surface swim involved, as the dive site begins just steps off the ramp.
Koloa Landing is known as a colorful dive spot, full of vibrant stony corals as well as a huge abundance of marine life. The large horseshoe-shaped bay allows for a dive in two distinct areas, perfect for a two tank excursion. The maximum depth here is approximately 50 feet with an average bottom time of 45 minutes, depending upon air consumption. Mornings are typically calm on the south shore of Kauai with trade winds picking up in the early afternoon.
What to Bring
Wear a swimsuit. Bring a towel, sunscreen, and waterproof camera. All equipment is provided.
Welcomes those aged ten (10) and above. Scuba diving is an exciting and demanding activity and diving can be strenuous under certain conditions.
Intro Divers (non-certified guests) must fill out a Medical Questionnaire to find out if non- certified divers should be examined by a physician before participating in recreational scuba diving. A positive response to a question does not necessarily disqualify a person from diving. A positive response means that there is a preexisting condition that may affect safety while diving and must seek the advice of a physician.
- No flying within 24 hours of your dive.
- No Recent back, neck or surgeries.
- Medical Form must be filled out.
Light Snacks and beverages.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.