PADI Open Water Referral Course| Dive Kauai
The PADI Open Water Referral Course is a two-day course designed for the diver who wants to get all four open water dives (or just a few) completed while they’re in Kauai!
- Approximately 2 days
- Get all 4 certifications or just a few
- For non-certified divers, Ages 10+
PADI Open Water Referral Course
The PADI Open Water Referral Course is a two-day course designed for the diver who has already completed their academic and pool training at home with a PADI Dive Center. This course consists of the four open water dives needed to complete your certification.
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your PADI Open Water Diver Course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course.
Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course. To enroll you must be at least 10 years of age or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
Open Water Dives: Finally, Dive Kauai will get you out to the open ocean to practice your newly acquired skills and begin to experience the magic of the underwater world.
The entire course can be completed in two days (provided your eLearning is completed prior to arrival). A typical schedule is meeting at 7 a.m. on Day 1 for the confined water skills and heading to the open ocean in the afternoon for the first two open water dives. Day 2 would simply be the final two open water dives and upon the successful completion of all of the skills…you will be the newest PADI Open Water Certified Diver!
Included In Your Tour
Each referral course includes all necessary scuba equipment, delicious snacks, cold beverages, and a hot water shower for after the dives.
All non-certified divers will have a detailed, hands-on orientation covering all of the important aspects of diving to be aware of. You’ll receive extensive overview of the equipment and how it properly works and then learn 3 basic scuba skills you’ll be putting into practice. After satisfactorily completing the skills portion of your lesson, you are qualified to dive to a maximum depth of 40 feet under the direct Supervision of Dive Kauai’s professional PADI Instructors.
What to Bring
Wear a swimsuit. Bring a towel, sunscreen, and waterproof camera.
- Must be at least 10 years old.
- Due to safety, you should NOT go to elevations above 1000′ within 18 hours after diving. This includes Waimea Canyon, Helicopter Tours and Commercial Airline Flights. Please keep this in mind when booking your dives.
Recreational scuba diving and free diving requires good physical and mental health. There are a few medical conditions which can be hazardous while diving. Those who have, or are predisposed to any of these conditions, should be evaluated by a physician. The Diver Medical Participant Questionnaire provides a basis to determine if you should seek out that evaluation. If you have any concerns about your diving fitness not represented on theform, consult with your physician before diving. If you are feeling ill, avoid diving. If you think you may have a contagious disease, protect yourself and others by NOT participating in dive training and/or dive activities. For your safety, and that of others who may dive with you, please answer ALL questions honestly!
PLEASE NOTE: All Non-Certified Divers and Students of Certification Courses with Dive Kauai will be REQUIRED to complete it electronically on your booking confirmation. Should you feel you may need medical clearance for any of the questions on the form, please PRINT the form and submit to your physician to complete PRIOR to your dive.
Dive Kauai offers scuba diving tours for non-certified divers, certified divers, and diver certification courses. First-time (non-certified) divers will experience the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Program, which covers the fundamental rules and guidelines of safe scuba diving.
- Divers who have had symptomatic COVID-19, should wait a minimum of TWO months, preferable THREE, before resuming their diving activities.
- Divers who have tested positive with COVID-19 but have remained completely asymptomatic, should wait ONE month before resuming diving.
- Divers who have been hospitalized with pulmonary symptoms related to COVID-19, should, after a three-month waiting period, undergo complete pulmonary function testing as well as a cardiac evaluation with echocardiography and exercise test (exercise electrocardiography) to ascertain normal cardiac function prior to your return to diving.
Feeling Sick? Stay Home!
Guests or staff who are feeling sick or know that they have been exposed to COVID-19 are REQUIRED to stay away. If a guest or staff member begin to show any symptoms or feel ill in anyway, they will be asked to leave the tour and their facilities.
In accordance with the KAUAI MASK MANDATE, Dive Kauai staff will be wearing face coverings when appropriate during your visit. Dive Kauai requires that everyone on their properties and locations have a face covering and use it when in close proximity to others. Failure to comply will result in the tour being cancelled and considered a day of cancellation NOT eligible for refund.
Limited Contact Check-in:
To minimize their eliminate opportunities for transmission, they have designed a limited contact check-in procedure.
- Additional check-in times will be added to minimize guest interaction between reservation parties
- Guests will receive a link to their digital liability waiver in the confirmation email. Please have one waiver per adult completed before arrival (minors can be on the same waiver as an adult)
Equipment Sanitization and Cleaning
Dive Kauai requests that guests please limit contact with equipment they are NOT personally using. their staff has put additional cleaning procedures in place.
- All Scuba & Snorkeling equipment, will be cleaned and disinfected after every tour. All cleaning and sanitizing will be done using procedures and products verified by the CDC and FDA.
- Boat will be thoroughly cleaned between every trip
- Regulators, specifically 2nd stage mouthpiece and internal surfaces, snorkels, BCD Oral Inflator & Masks will face extra protocols for sanitization due to their use.
- Brand new mouth pieces will be available for purchase if guests would rather have a brand new mouth piece on regulators and snorkels. ($8)
- Non-Certified POOL dives, certification courses and demonstrations will be 4 maximum of 4 divers
Dive Kauai will NO LONGER be providing transportation for any of their tours. Guests will be responsible to use their own method of transportation to get to and from the dive site or snorkel locations. Please pre-arrange a taxi if you don’t have a rental car.
All staff are required to frequently wash their hands throughout the day. Guests are also expected to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly before, during and after activities. Dive Kauai will have hand sanitizer in all of their vehicles and on their vessels where hand washing with soap and water is not possible.
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet and avoid direct contact with other people
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Make sure you and people around you follow good respiratory hygiene. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and dispose of that tissue right away.
- The CDC recommends wearing a cloth face covering and Dive Kauai strictly require this when not in water.
*NOTE: Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are incompatible with compressed gas, especially oxygen-enriched gas. If alcohol-based hand sanitizers are used before filling cylinders, ensure hands are completely dry and all alcohol has evaporated before touching.
It is strongly advised to ensure you use the restroom facilities at the hotel or lodging accommodations prior to arrival. The only facilities we have access to are port-o-johns at the shore dive site and public restrooms at the small boat harbor.
Health Concerns & Diving:
At this time, PADI has not modified liability waivers for COVID-19. However, according to DAN (Divers Alert Network) there are still many unknown questions regarding a diver who has had COVID-19 and wishes to return to diving. If you or anyone in your party has had, thinks you have had or has been exposed to COVID-19, please inform your reservations agent or dive master right away. Dive Kauai will REQUIRE A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL waiver prior to you joining a tour.
- Divers and dive centers should observe strictly the guidelines for disinfection of diving gear (as issued by the diving federations and Divers Alert Network).
- Dive Kauai Scuba Center soaks all regulators and masks in a chemical bath of “Bacto” for 15 minutes, this was certified by CDC and FDA to kill virus and bacteria. All gear is then thoroughly washed with fresh water and hung to dry. Gear is ONLY being used ONCE each day for additional safety protocols to ensure all gear is properly cleaned and sanitized. (New Mouthpieces and Masks are available for purchase for those who want additional peace of mind)
Light Snacks and beverages.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.