We encourage you to join the Smith’s family and share the traditions of their island home and become part of their “ohana.”
BEST OF BOTH WORLDS | NATIONAL TROPICAL BOTANICAL GARDEN
For visitors who want to see it all, the Behind the Scenes Tour guides guests through select Allerton Garden rooms and McBryde Garden highlights. This tour offers a taste of both magnificent gardens.
- Child (6-12)
- Children (2-5)
- Kamaaina State ID required at Check-In
- Allerton Garden
- McBryde Garden
- 2.5 Hour Guided Tour
Best Of Both Worlds Tour
For visitors who want a taste of both worlds, this is the tour! Their highly trained interpretive guides take guests through select Allerton Garden rooms and McBryde Garden highlights. Enjoy the greatest aspects of both gardens. Whether you are seeking that perfect picture of you with the Jurassic Park Trees or have limited time, this is it!
View select rooms in the Allerton Garden, named one of the ’50 Places of a Lifetime’ by National Geographic Traveler. Then have a guided experience through our McBryde Garden, an active conservation and research garden with active interpretation and Hawaiian cultural significance.
Know Before You Go
- The stream can be unpredictable, do not wade or swim in it
- Observe posted signs
- Be aware that there is uneven terrain and slippery surfaces found throughout the garden
- Do not climb or jump off rocks
- Check in 30 min. PRIOR REQUIRED
- Closed toe shoes/secure hiking sandals w/strap over ankles & toes are required
Your health is their top priority, and they have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your garden visit.
- Increased frequency of disinfecting surfaces of high-traffic areas in their facilities.
- All buses are sanitized between each departure.
- Hand-washing stations are located throughout the gardens and at the Visitor Center.
- Guests will stay a 6-foot distance before boarding the bus, while in common areas throughout the garden, and in the visitor center.
- They recommend guests stay 10 feet apart from other groups while in McBryde Garden
- When social-distancing is not attainable, face coverings will be used by all staff and guests.
- Face masks required while on the bus.
- Shields have been installed at the Visitor Center registers.
- Policies are subject to change based on the newest science available, please call them at 808-742-2623 to inquire about most up to date practices
- If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms of illness, they will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- Their family of staff and volunteers are also trained to be aware of symptoms of illness. No one comes to work or to volunteer if they are unwell.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.