Come be awed by the beauty of botanicals and then entranced by live music, dancing and fire.
MCBRYDE GARDEN SELF GUIDED TOUR | NATIONAL TROPICAL BOTANICAL GARDEN
An exclusive and one of a kind self guided tour of McBryde Garden! Located on the south shore of the Hawaiʻian island of Kauaʻi, McBryde Garden is nestled in the picturesque and historic Lawa’i valley. The garden is a vertibal botanical ark of tropical flora and home to the largest ex situ collection of native Hawaiian flora in existence.
- Child (2-12)
- Kamaaina State ID required at Check-In
- View At Your Own Pace On This Self-Guided Tour
- 50 Acres Of Diverse Plant Collections
- Narrated Shuttle Ride
McBryde Garden Self Guided Tour
Their extensive collections of palms, flowering trees, rubiaceae, heliconias, orchids, and many others have been wild-collected by botanists and biologists from throughout tropical regions around the world and transported to McBryde Garden to research, cultivate and thrive. McBryde Garden visitors can explore 50 acres of diverse plant collections including Hawaiʻian native and ethnobotanical species, palms, rubiaceae (coffee family), zingiberales (heliconia family), and erythrina (coral trees). Appreciate the importance of sustainable farming in their Regenerative Organic Breadfruit Orchard, and take a journey back in time in the Hawaiian Life Canoe Plant Garden and along the Tree of Life Trail.
Tours of McBryde Garden and the adjacent Allerton Garden are available by appointment only. Visitors are transported into the garden via a short, narrated shuttle ride along the stunning coastline of the South Shore. Be on the lookout for whales, dolphins and other marine life as you make your way into the garden over a historic railroad trestle road and into the magnificent valley.
McBryde Garden is timed entry/exit. Guests will have approximately 2 hours in the garden. Transportation via private bus is required to access the Garden and admission price includes the bus portion. Bus occupancy is limited and cleaned routinely with COVID-19 measures in place. Bus departs on time from the Visitor Center.
Know Before You Go
- The stream can be unpredictable, do not wade or swim in it
- Observe posted signs
- Be aware that there is uneven terrain and slippery surfaces found throughout the garden
- Do not climb or jump off rocks
- Check in 30 min. PRIOR REQUIRED
- Closed toe shoes/secure hiking sandals w/strap over ankles & toes are required
Your health is their top priority, and they have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your garden visit.
- Increased frequency of disinfecting surfaces of high-traffic areas in their facilities.
- All buses are sanitized between each departure.
- Hand-washing stations are located throughout the gardens and at the Visitor Center.
- Guests will stay a 6-foot distance before boarding the bus, while in common areas throughout the garden, and in the visitor center.
- They recommend guests stay 10 feet apart from other groups while in McBryde Garden
- When social-distancing is not attainable, face coverings will be used by all staff and guests.
- Face masks required while on the bus.
- Shields have been installed at the Visitor Center registers.
- Policies are subject to change based on the newest science available, please call them at 808-742-2623 to inquire about most up to date practices
- If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms of illness, they will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- Their family of staff and volunteers are also trained to be aware of symptoms of illness. No one comes to work or to volunteer if they are unwell.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.