Wailua Waterfall Kayak & Hike Tour | Outfitters Kauai
Paddle the Wailua River, once home to royalty and you will see why. After paddling downwind and upstream, you embark on a one-mile hike to a waterfall! Take a dip and have some lunch. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and get a workout on the way back.
- Kayak Wailua River
- Secluded Waterfall
- Hike in a Tropical Paradise
Wailua Waterfall Kayak & Hike Tour
Take in the Hawaiian deep jungle scenery Wailua has to offer. On this Wailua Waterfall Kayak you paddle downwind and upstream on a placid jungle stream. Once you reach your destination, you take a somewhat rugged one-mile hike up the valley to a dramatic 100′ waterfall and pool. Take a dip and enjoy lunch. You then head back downstream against headwinds, this makes for a great workout. Enjoy what Wailua has to offer on this Kauai waterfall kayak tour!
This Kauai Kayak Tour totals about four miles of paddling and two miles hiking roundtrip. That is two miles paddling up the river, a mile hike to the waterfall, and then back.
What to Bring
Adventurers should be ready to have fun. Bring a swimsuit, shorts, t shirt, windbreaker or light rain coat, and footwear with aggressive tread for muddy conditions. Either sport sandals with heelstraps or aqua socks work great. And don’t forget a hat, sunscreen, bug spray, and a waterproof camera.
You must be able to walk two miles of rugged trail & kayak 60-90 minutes. We’ll be in the rainforest, so be prepared for showers and muddy trail conditions. This is our most strenuous river kayak and hiking tour, and is quite a great day, both on the water and in the woods. For something that’s a lot of fun, and a good bit less rigorous, check our Hidden Falls Kayak Adventure.
Includes a picnic lunch: Turkey or Vegetarian wrap and cold drinks.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.