Let your dreams of surfing waves along a shoreline of a beautiful tropical island come true with Kauaʻi Surf School.
POIPU BEACH SURF LESSONS | POIPU BEACH SURF SCHOOL
Poipu Beach Surf School is owned and operated by professional waterman and former pro body boarder Doug Muraoka. Poipu Beach Surf School is committed to providing you with a safe, fun, and friendly surfing experience. Doug and his expert staff are all local watermen who have been surfing and/or teaching for years.
- Group Lesson
- Semi Private Lesson
- Private Lesson
- Sunny South Side
- Private Lessons Available
- Great for Beginners
Kauaʻi Surf Lesson Options & Rates
- Basic Surf Lesson – For the first time beginner
$75 per person
- Semi-Private Lesson – For groups of two or more
$125 per person
- Private Lesson
$200 per person
- Surf with Instructor – For the intermediate surfer who wants to learn a break and get some extra instruction
$175 per person
- Surf Tour – For the upper intermediate to advanced surfer – surfers are taken to a more advanced surf spot to surf with instructor; lunch is included, at closest local eatery.
$300 per person
- KIDS Semi-Private Lesson – Kids 5-10 (MUST KNOW HOW TO SWIM). One-hour lesson, 2-8 kids.
- KIDS Private Lesson – Kids 5-10 (MUST KNOW HOW TO SWIM). A one-hour lesson, one-on-one with the instructor.
Poipu Beach Surf School Info
Poipu Beach Surf School offers many different types of lessons and for a variety of skill levels for surfing.
All surf lessons start out with a 10 – 15 minute land lesson, educating surfers about the surfboard, how to paddle, how to stand up, and other techniques, closing with ocean safety tips. The rest of the lesson is spent in the water catching waves. Your instructor stays with you in the water the entire lesson, never leaving you in the ocean alone.
Check-In: 10-15 minutes prior to scheduled lesson.
What to Bring: Sunscreen, towel, and bottled water. We suggest not wearing valuable items.
What to Wear: Men – Comfortable swim trunks. Women – One-piece swimsuit, surf shorts with tankini or bikini is fine.
Your Tour Includes: Surfboard and instructors that are trained watermen making your safety the number one priority!
All clients taking surf lessons must know how to swim. No children under 6 years old.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.