Honolulu City Highlights & Pearl Harbor Visitor Center Tour | Polynesian Adventure Tours
Relive history as you visit the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center Punchbowl Cemetery and Honolulu City highlights on this incredible tour!
- Comfortable, late model air-conditioned deluxe tour vehicle
- Live professional tour narration by delightful, knowledge able driver guide
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, Punchbowl Cemetery, Iolani Palace royal palace, prominent sites and landmarks
Honolulu City Highlights & Pearl Harbor Visitor Center Tour
The ideal family tour as well as one popular with couples seeking the comfort and carefree benefit of a professionally narrated tour aboard an air-conditioned, deluxe tour vehicle.
At the Pearl Harbor National Memorial, learn about one of the most pivotal moments in US history: the attack on Pearl Harbor, and the subsequent entry of the United States into World War II. Witness actual film footage of the attack, view gripping displays describing the tragedy and heroism of this era and leave Pearl Harbor with an increased appreciation for our nation’s women and men in uniform. Choose to add a VR tour or Audio tour for a nominal fee at the Visitor Center or book in advance at www.recreation.gov
Along with your Pearl Harbor visit, you’ll view the beauty and solemnity of Punchbowl Cemetery, officially known as the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, located in an extinct volcano. Your excursion will continue onward to show you many of Honolulu’s most famous landmarks and buildings, including Iolani Palace – the only royal palace in the United States – and the King Kamehameha statue, seen throughout the world among compilations of Hawaii’s most iconic sights.
*(Note: This tour does not include boat/visit USS Arizona Memorial)
Depart: 9:00 AM Return: 2:30 PM
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center – You’ll witness actual film footage of the attack at the Visitor Center Theater, view historic galleries and displays, and find yourself taken back in time to a period of conflict which brought the United States directly into battle, forging its role in eventually concluding it following years of combat.
- Punchbowl Cemetery – From the comfort of your tour vehicle view the dignified beauty of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl. The memorial cemetery was created to pay homage to those in the US Armed Forces whose lives were lost in the service of their country.
- Iolani Palace – The residence of the Hawaii Kingdom royalty between 1845 and 1893. The only royal palace on US soil, the palace employs architectural design seen no place else. It’s “American Florentine” design was created using brick with concrete facing, with ornamental plaster interior.
- King Kamehameha Statue – Seen in pictures around the world as an archetype of Hawaii’s regal past, the statue honors the monarch founded the Kingdom of Hawaii, and one of the “must see” sites included in the tour.
- Kawaiahao Church and Mission Houses – Sometimes referred to as “Hawaii’s Westminster Abbey”, Kawaiahao Church was the chapel of the royal family. It’s the oldest church on Oahu, and the Hawaiian language is still used during portions of services.
- Hawaii State Capitol – The capitol houses the governor’s office and state legislature. The American adaptation of the Bauhaus style of the building provides a dramatic contrast to the well-preserved historic buildings located just blocks away.
- Honolulu Hale – Literally, “Honolulu building”, in the Hawaiian language, the building houses the mayor’s chambers and is the seat of the government of the City and County of Honolulu.
Your Tour Includes
- Complimentary hotel pick up and return provided from designated Waikiki hotels. Enter the name of your hotel at time of reservation. Please call their Reservations Department at 808-833-3000, 24 hours prior to tour to re-confirm your pick up time and place.
- Comfortable, late model air-conditioned deluxe tour vehicle
- Live professional tour narration by delightful, knowledgeable driver guide
- View actual film footage of the attack
- Lunch on your own
- National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl
- Honolulu City Tour, including royal palace, prominent sites and landmarks
Know Before You Go
Please wear comfortable attire and shoes. Many tours traverse uneven walking surfaces. Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are recommended. You should wear sunscreen and bring a camera. Please do not leave anything of value unattended on the coach.
The US Department of the Interior has declared a “no bags” policy at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. Passengers may not carry any concealing items. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc. Small cameras are permitted. Allowable vital items may be placed in your pockets. Do not leave any valuables on the coach. This tour does not operate on Christmas, New Year’s Day or Thanksgiving.
- Effective immediately, face masks are now required to be worn indoors regardless of vaccination status at Pearl Harbor. As a variety of venues are visited on FIT sightseeing tours and individual businesses have the right to create their own rules please bring a mask when on any tour, just in case.
- Stringent Cleaning – They’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer is available to all of our guests.
- Wellness Checks – If you or anyone in your group is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, they will work with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
Lunch not included
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.