FISHING CHARTERS | OHANA FISHING CHARTERS
Kauai has some of the best fishing grounds around the globe, especially off the coast of Kapa’a on the Eastside. Captain Lance Keener possesses the knowledge and experience to get the fish on the boat, incorporating various techniques he’s picked up from around the world. Ohana means family and that’s how you will be treated when fishing with them.
- Four Hour Share Trip Up to 6 passengers
- Four Hour Deluxe Share Trip Up to 4 passengers
- Four Hour Private Charter Up to 6 passengers
- Six Hour Share Trip Up to 6 passengers
- Six Hour Deluxe Share Trip Up to 4 passengers
- Six Hour Private Charter Up to 6 passengers
- Eight Hour Private Charter Up to 6 passengers
- 30+ Years of Experience
- 30 x 10 foot Wilson vessel
Ohana Fishing Charters
Ohana Fishing Charters is a family owned and operated company. Ohana means family and that’s how you will be treated when fishing with them. Although catching fish is never a guarantee, they do guarantee Captain Lance will work as hard as he can to make your trip as productive and enjoyable as possible!
Kauai Fishing Charter: The Waters and The Fish
Kauai has some of the best fishing grounds in the state of Hawaii. On any trip there is potential to catch a world class trophy fish. The current world record marlin was caught in the channel between Oahu and Kauai, weighing it at an incredible 1,800 pounds.
The waters off Kauai are extremely deep, causing an upwelling of nutrients that makes for an environment rich in marine life. The pelagic species that frequent our waters are Blue and Stripe Marlin, Ahi (Yellow fin tuna), Mahi mahi, and Ono (Wahoo). Other species They catch are Albacore, Short-billed Spearfish, Blue Marlin (caught all yr), and Sailfish, but these species are far more rare.
The Ho’o Maika’i: Perfect for Kauai Ocean Fishing
When deciding what boat would be best for the Kauai conditions Captain Lance had only one boat in mind. The Ho’o Maika’i is a 30×10 foot Wilson built in Santa Barbara for the rough waters of the Santa Barbara Channel Islands. This boat rides like no other boat in the Kauai fishing fleet.
The most important thing to the Captain is the safety of his guests. Of almost equal importance is the comfort of each person on the trip. The Ho’o Maika’i is one of the most stable boats on island, making it not only a safe boat, but one that rides better in the water.
The seating on this boat is arranged so that our guests get a more personal experience with Captain Lance and the techniques he uses in catching fish. The feeling is intimate enough to carry on an easy conversation with Captain, but roomy enough to allow for a sense of space and comfort.
Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, light jacket, and a camera. Recommend packing a lunch. Activity does not include a lunch option.
Eating your catch is always a fun and delicious way to end a memorable day of fishing. They are happy to provide each paying angler with enough fish for at least one or two meals.
Shared Charters: On Shared Charters, the catch is dispersed between the four to six passengers. The amount of fish caught is relative to the amount of fish divided up between their guests.
Private Charters: Private charters are also provided with enough fish for one to two meals for the members of the charter party.
They do not ship out fish to the Mainland and highly discourage freezing or keeping the fish in the refrigerator for more than 3 days.
The pelagic fish you’ll catch are very delicate and have a relatively short shelf-life, becoming very fishy in taste if not eaten within the first couple days of being caught.
In the state of Hawaii, sport caught fish can be sold to restaurants, fish markets and wholesalers. Any extra fish that is not cut for passengers is distributed out in this manner. They also donate to churches on occasion and feed their family and friends but their customers always come first.
Non-alcoholic cold beverages are provided.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.