Come and join Kipu Ranch Adventures for a beautiful breathtaking three-hour Scenic Ranch Tour through Kipu Ranch.
FERN GROTTO CRUISE AT SMITH’S FAMILY GARDEN
- Ages 3-12
- Rich History
- Cruise along Wailua River
- Live Music
Fern Grotto Cruise at Smith’s Family Garden
Sharing Songs and Legends of the Wailua River Valley is a Family Tradition. In 1946 Walter Smith Sr. and his wife Emily started a family business with a small rowboat and a borrowed outboard motor. Four generations later the Smiths continue their Grandpa’s tradition of sharing their love of Kauai and its rich cultural heritage. During the two mile river journey you’ll hear songs and stories of ancient Hawaii like the King’s Highway sacred Mount Kapu and the First Hau Tree. In addition guests enjoy learning the hula during a lesson provided by a hula dancer. Everyone gets into the act during the river cruise! At the Fern Grotto landing you’ll enjoy a short nature walk through the rainforest to the lush Fern Grotto.
Smith’s famous Wailua River cruise boats are powered by an ingenious rear-engine system invented by Walter Smith, Sr. The spacious, open-air boats provide excellent views from either side during the trip upstream. The Wailua River is known as “the only navigable river” in all Hawaiʻi. The river’s fresh water pours down from Mt. Wai‘ale‘ale, one of the wettest spots on the planet! Lands along the river were the sacred capital of ancient Kauai and the birthplace of the Island’s Ali‘i, or royalty.
Relax and enjoy the traditions of Hawaii that the Smith family proudly shares with visitors from around the world. Hundreds come here to experience the authentic history of the people who have come to call Hawaii home.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.