Hidden Valley Falls Kayak & Hike | Outfitters Kauai
Enjoy paddling up Hule'ia River, a beautiful calm jungle stream. After cruising downwind for two miles, tie the kayaks and hike 3/4 of a mile to an enchanting waterfall and swimming hole. At the end of the tour, enjoy a cruise down river on their motorized Hawaiian Canoe, no need to paddle against the wind!
- Kayak Hule’ia River
- Swimming at a Secluded Freshwater Pool & waterfall
- Two-mile downwind paddle on a motorized canoe
Hidden Valley Falls Kayak & Hike
If you are looking for a full day of adventure, look no further. Hule’ia is best known as the site for filming a wide range of major motion pictures including Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park and Lost World. Hike lush jungle trails through a fern-covered valley to the secluded pools and waterfalls (ropeswings optional). Rather than paddling back into the wind, finish your kayaking adventure in style with a relaxing ride back on a motorized canoe through this treasured area, which is listed on the National Register of Historic places. The only kayak tour in all of Hawaii with return by motorized canoe, it’s easygoing fun and excitement for everyone. Paddle downwind, take a stroll through the jungle, kick back and cruise to the dock with your USCG Captain at the helm.
Check In: At Outfitters Kauai Kayak Shack at Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor, , 2494 Niumalu Rd, Lihue, HI 96766.
What to Bring
Bring a swimsuit, shorts, t shirt, windbreaker or light rain coat, and footwear with tread for muddy conditions. A sport type sandal with heel straps or aqua socks with tread work great. And don’t forget a hat, sunscreen, bug spray and a waterproof camera.
What You Need To Know
You must be able to walk one and a half miles over irregular terrain on a good rainforest trail and paddle a tandem kayak together with a partner for 60-90 minutes.
You must be able to walk one and a half miles & kayak for 60-90 minutes.
Tour does not include lunch. Cold bottled water is available throughout the day.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.