For the first time ever, visitors can now land at Manawaiopuna Falls, the waterfall made famous in ‘Jurassic Park’!
DOORS-OFF HELICOPTER TOUR | AIRBORNE AVIATION
A thrill seekers view of kauai remote landscape. The DOORS-OFF ADVENTURE will take you over Kauai’s most lush and scenic destination on the island!
- Open Seating Max weight 240 lbs. Ages 10 and older.
- Front Seat Upgrade Front Seats are only sold as a pair (2) • Combined weight of both seats cannot exceed 340 pounds • Ages 10 & older.
- Premium Plus Seating For individual guests that weigh more than 240 lbs.
- Private Tour Option Up to 4 guests, maximum weight 745 lbs.
- Wai`ale`ale Crater
- Na Pali Coast and Waimea Canyon
- Doors-Off Flight
Doors Off Helicopter Tour
This Doors-Off Adventure will take you over Kauaʻi’s most lush and scenic destination on the island! Sites include Bali Ha’i, Hanalei Bay, Hanapepe (Jurassic Falls), Kipu Kai, Na Pali Coast, Waialeale Crater (The Weeping Wall) Wailua Falls, and Waimea Canyon.
On this Doors-Off experience you’ll see Bali Hai, also known as the Makana Mountain, which starts at the beginning of the Na Pali Coast on the north shore of Kauai. Enjoy soaring over Manawaiopuna Falls, one of the Garden Isle’s most famous waterfalls and best known from the opening of the 1993 blockbuster film, Jurassic Park. Watch from above as the water rushes over a 380-foot tall cliff surrounded by walls of deep green lush flora located within Hanapepe Valley on the west side of the island. This is truly a site few can say they have seen while on Kauai.
Continue on over to Hanalei Bay which covers nearly two miles of beach and is backed by 4000 ft tall emerald mountains. Hihimanu is on the east, Namolokama is in the middle with its square top, and the triangular shaped Mamalahoa is to the west. These sites are often cloaked with a mist of clouds as the Mt. Waialeale ridge is home to dozens of cascading waterfalls.
The name Waialeale, meaning “rippling water or overflowing” receives over 400 inches of rain per year and is known to be one of the wettest spots on earth. You’ll be surrounded by enchanting waterfalls and lush green walls of fauna as you witness Waialeale Crater, also known as Blue Hole & The Weeping Wall. From above you will see it all and find yourself lost in the beauty and mystery of Kauaʻi’s enchanting lure.
Other sites like the Wailua Falls and Waimea Canyon are also famous aerial sites on the Doors-Off Adventure Tour.
*Routes and sites may vary due to weather
Know Before You Go
- Expect your flight to be windy and cooler so jackets and sweatshirts are sometimes required, long pants are recommended. Please note that hats are not allowed on board your flight. You may leave any hats in the office during our flight.
- Their flights are very smooth; this is not a theme park ride! So many people who presume they may have an issue feel just fine during the tour. However, if you are prone to motion sickness you might want to take a motion sickness pill just as a precaution. They want you to enjoy your flight!
Hughes 500: 4 guests max with NO MIDDLE rear seats! Flown with the DOORS-OFF flight!
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that each passenger is weighed prior to departure. This weigh-in process is very discrete when you check-in. For critical flight planning purposes, body weight of each passenger must be included in your reservation details. Any significant variance in the weights provided and actual scale weight could result in flight delays or possible cancellation.
- The Hughes 500 Helicopter carries a maximum of 4 passengers with NO MIDDLE REAR seats. Although seating assignments are normally determined by weight and balance, guests are allowed to upgrade in advance.
- Front Seat Upgrade are only sold as a pair and may be purchased provided the combined weight does not exceed 340lbs or 154kg.
- Premium Plus Seating must be purchased for passengers that weigh more than 240lbs or 109kg.
- No scuba diving 24 hours prior to helicopter tour departure time.
- Company policy that doors off tours will only accommodate ages 10 years of age and older.
No food or beverage options available on this tour.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.
Experience Kauai’s most inspiring mountains, most magical caves, enticing waterways, unique flora, and more on this helicopter tour.