Experience Kauai’s most inspiring mountains, most magical caves, enticing waterways, unique flora, and more on this helicopter tour.
JURASSIC FALLS LANDING | ISLAND HELICOPTERS
For the first time ever, visitors can now land at Manawaiopuna Falls & feel the awesome power of the waterfall made famous in Steven Spielberg’s blockbuster movie ‘Jurassic Park’! This elite tour is 75-80 minutes. It includes the Island Helicopters Kauai Grand Circle Island tour (50-55 minutes) PLUS a waterfall landing deep within the interior of Kauaʻi, inaccessible to the public.
- Children Ages 2-12
- Lap Child 23 months and younger
- Private Tour (Parties of 4 or less)
- Fuel Surcharge Applied per seat
- Tropical Hanapepe Valley
- Manawaiopuna Falls, made famous in the blockbuster, Jurassic Park
- Waimea Canyon “Grand Canyon of the Pacific”
- Na Pali Coast
- And more…….
Helicopter Tour Description
This tour gently lifts off from the Lihue Airport and provides a birds eye view of Nawiliwili Harbor and the Kauai Marriott Resort within the first few minutes of flight. Your air destinations will also include the tropical Hanapepe Valley which is known for its fantastic rainbows, the spectacular 400 ft. high Manawaiopuna Falls made famous in the movie ‘Jurassic Park’, Olokele Canyon – the gateway to the ‘Grand Canyon of the Pacific’, Waimea!
What sets this tour apart from the Grand Deluxe Circle tour, and all other helicopter tours on the island, is that you will be landing at the Manawaiopuna Falls! This heavily secluded waterfall is unlike any other on the island and is inaccessible to the public. This is the only way to see Manawaiopuna Falls! After setting down near the base of the 400 foot falls, your pilot will guide you along a jungle path adjacent to a stream to the bottom of the spectacular falls. Feel the tropical mist, take pictures and learn the fascinating history of this remote area including native plants, geologic formations and agricultural history. Sorry…no swimming allowed! Ground time for the falls is approximately 25 minutes.
On this flight guests will also explore in detail pristine cathedral cliffs, the spectacular and isolated NaPali Coast, see majestic mountains, cascading waterfalls and secluded beaches from beginning to end. As your flight continues past the ancient caves and terraces your pilot & guide will share great legends of Hawaii and its people. Also see Bali Hai and Lumahai Beach made famous in the movie South Pacific, hover over Hanalei Bay & Valley with a view of Princeville Resort. You’ll also be flying inside the crater of Mt. Waialeale volcano where waterfalls cascade thousands of feet to the valley below. Many other fantastic locations are seen on this tour including Wailua Falls seen on the 80’s TV show Fantasy Island.
This tour not offered on Sundays and most Thursdays.
What to Bring: Bring lots of film and wear a dark colored shirt to reduce glare on the Plexiglas windows. For your safety and comfort, hats and oversized bags are not permitted on the flight line or in the helicopter. Please leave these items in your automobile. Bring picture I.D.
Tour Time Note: Multiple tour times available for this flight. When booking, please indicate preference of flight time (morning or afternoon). An agent will contact you within 24 hours of reservation to confirm flight details.
Groups of Five (5) Passengers:
Groups of exactly 5 passengers are required to purchase a private tour. The 6th seat is offered at a special rate.
No scuba diving within 24 hours prior of helicopter tour.
- In consideration of all passengers, no tablets or large cameras with extended lens are allowed to be used during the flight. For those guests that are reserving the “Jurassic Falls” Landing Adventure, you may use extended lens at the waterfall; however, no tripods are permitted at the waterfall.
- If the helicopter is unable to land at the falls due to weather you will continue on the Signature Deluxe Island Tour. Upon returning from the tour, you will be refunded the difference in price. All flights require a 48 hour notice of cancellation.
- In accordance with F.A.A regulations the aircraft are subject to weight limitations. Island Helicopters is required to weigh all passengers during check-in. For seating purposes, please provide accurate height & weight information during the reservation process. Any passenger over 240 lbs may be required to purchase an additional seat. For parties of two traveling together (and do not exceed 240 lbs. individually) that have combined weights exceeding 420 lbs. may be required to purchase an additional seat at full fare for the “Jurassic Falls” Landing Adventure. A discount is given on the extra seat when you book the “Kauai Grand”. If you will be traveling with an infant / toddler, please provide us with his / her body weight and age.
- All scenic areas are weather permitting and routes may vary due to weather conditions. Island Helicopters is not responsible for personal photos that may be affected by glare or weather. Seating is done in accordance with an FAA approved weight and balance.
- No scuba diving 24 hours prior to helicopter tour.
Beverages in office.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.