Come and join Kipu Ranch Adventures for a beautiful breathtaking three-hour Scenic Ranch Tour through Kipu Ranch.
OAHU TO HILO: VOLCANO ADVENTURE TOUR | POLYNESIAN ADVENTURE TOURS
Escape to another Hawaiian island for a day on this all-inclusive, island-hopping tour. Indulge on your vacation and leave the planning to us! Interisland roundtrip airfare from Oahu to Hilo on Hawai’i Island (locally known as the Big Island), roundtrip transportation from the Hilo Airport (ITO) and a sightseeing land tour with lunch is included.
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Age 3-11 yrs
- Infants Ages 2 yrs & under
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Halemaumau Crater, Rainbow and Akaka Falls
- Lunch Included
Oahu to Hilo: Volcano Adventure Tour
Discover the source of the creation of the Hawaiian Islands at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park! Explore cascading waterfalls, craters and more on this comprehensive volcano adventure tour. Gaze at massive active volcano, Mauna Loa that erupted in 2023 and peer into the depths of Kilauea’s Halema’uma’u Crater which has remarkably doubled in size after the 2018 eruption.
Watch steam clouds form as ground water seeps onto hot volcanic rock at the famous Steam Vents and stroll through ancient lava tube Nahuku (formerly known as Thurston Lava Tube). Gaze at sweeping coastal views at Kealakomo Overlook where older lava flows melted into the ocean and take a leisurely drive down scenic Chain of Craters Road. Enjoy an included “to go” lunch in the park.
Take a leisurely hike around the perimeter of Akaka Falls. In the formerly tsunami-stricken city of Hilo, drive by famous Banyan Drive and Liliuokalani Gardens and enjoy beautiful Rainbow Falls where rainbows magically form in the mist.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Halema’uma’u Crater – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Rainbow Falls – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Akaka Falls – Set in a rainforest filled with bamboo groves, orchids and hanging ferns.
- Hilo Town – drive past Banyan Drive and Liliuokalani Gardens
- Return from Hilo, Hawaii to Oahu
Depart: 5:30 AM Return: 9:00 PM Please Note: Flight times are subject to change
5:00 AM – arrive on your own at Honolulu International Airport (HNL). The airlines change their flight schedules frequently and at the last minute so please ensure that you check flight status on your own. At the Honolulu Airport, check-in on your own at the Hawaiian Airlines self-service kiosk or at the ticket counter for both flight segments to and from Hilo. Please follow the instructions on your confirmation for where to meet your tour driver at Hilo Airport.
Included In Your Tour
What To Bring
Wear comfortable attire and shoes. Closed-toe shoes are recommended due to uneven walking surfaces. Bring a light sweater or jacket. Wear sunscreen and bring a camera.
- Please note there are no hotel transfers for this tour. Please proceed to the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter to check in for your flight to Hilo. Please check-in 90 minutes before your flight at the Honolulu Airport (Hawaiian Airlines counter). Approximate return from Hilo to Oahu is 9:00 PM. Flight schedules change frequently so please phone their Call Center office at 808-833-3000 to confirm time and place of check in or pick up. Please follow the instructions on your confirmation for where to meet your Polynesian Adventure tour.
To- Go style lunch provided
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.