Explore Kaua’i with ease, this tour will take you to Waimea Canyon, with a depth of almost 4,000 ft and 10 miles long.
KAUA’I WAIMEA CANYON & WAILUA RIVER TOUR | POLYNESIAN ADVENTURE TOURS
Experience multiple stunning locations on Kauai on this tour that takes you from the east side of the island to the west side of the island. Enjoy a boat ride on the Wailua river & Smiths Fern Grotto, a delicious lunch and Kauai Coffee. Stunning views of the Waimea Canyon, Hanapepe valley and spouting horn.
- Children (3-11)
- Wailua River/Fern Grotto
- Waimea Canyon Lookout
- Lunch At Puakea Grill
Kaua’i Waimea Canyon & Wailua River Tour
Experience Kauaʻi’s most scenic marvels on the Waimea Canyon, Wailua River & Fern Grotto Adventure. You’ll journey to one of the world’s most inspiring geological wonders, the Waimea Canyon and be amazed at the expansive peaks, valleys, and deep gorges. The Waimea Canyon Lookout offers scenic views with its striking red soil covered in greenery.
Cruise down the Wailua River on a narrated, scenic two-mile ride on an open-air boat, down a meandering freshwater river amidst a lush rainforest jungle. At the end of the Wailua River, walk through a tropical rainforest to the famous Fern Grotto. Listen to the melodious, live performance of the Hawaiian wedding song as you enjoy the verdant surroundings.
Visit Ōpaekaʻa Falls, a 151-foot waterfall that flows over basalt from volcanic eruptions millions of years ago. Witness natures raw power at the Spouting Horn Blowhole on this tour that showcases the scenic splendor of Kauai.
Enjoy samples an exclusive line of estate-grown Hawaiian coffees at Kauai Coffee Estate, the largest coffee farm in the U.S.,
- Waimea Canyon – nicknamed “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific”, this epic natural wonder is over 10 miles long, 1 mile wide and more than 3,000 feet deep. The Waimea Canyon Lookout offers scenic views of the deep valley gorges with it’s striking red soil covered in greenery.
- ʻŌpaekaʻa Falls – This 151-foot-tall, 40-foot-wide waterfall is the most accessible major waterfalls on Kauai. ʻŌpaekaʻa” means “rolling shrimp,” which were once abundant in the stream.
- Spouting Horn Blowhole – crashing waves propel majestic jets of salt water through lava rock. One of the most photographed sites on Kauai.
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout – panoramic views of a valley covered in trees and wild green sugarcane. Hanapepe was one of the locations visited by famous explored Charles Wilkes in 1840 on his United States Exploring Expedition.
- Wailua River – narrated two-mile ride on an open-air boat down a meandering freshwater river.
- Fern Grotto – at the end of the Wailua River, walk through a tropical rainforest to a rock cave dripping in ferns. Listen to the melodious, live performance of the Hawaiian wedding song as you enjoy the verdant surroundings.
Included In Your Tour
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient Kauai locations.
- If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, they will pick you up at the closest location.
- Tour departs the first pickup location at 7:45AM and returns at approximately 6:30 PM.
- 24 hours prior to your tour, please re-confirm your pick up time and location by calling 808-246-0122.
- Smith’s Wailua River Boat Tour & Fern Grotto Tickets
- Waimea Canyon State Park admission
- Lunch at Puakea Grill
What to Bring
Wear comfortable attire and shoes. Closed-toe shoes are recommended due to uneven walking surfaces. Wear sunscreen and bring a camera.
- Masks are not currently required to be worn while riding on the vehicles. As a variety of venues are visited on tours and individual businesses have the right to create their own rules, please be prepared and bring your own mask when on any tour.
- Stringent Cleaning – They’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer is available to all guests.
- Wellness Checks – If you or anyone in your group is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, they will work with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
Lunch is included at Puakea Grill.
• Cheeseburger with fries or chips -brioche bun with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and garlic aioli.
• Ham or Turkey sandwich with fries or chips, served on Ciabatta bread
• Ginger Fried Chicken
• Tofu Veggie Stir Fry (gluten free, vegetarian)
• Veggie Sandwich, served on Ciabatta bread
Beverages- Bottled water or canned drinks.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.