Sail with the Whales | Sail Maui
Maui is the place to see humpback whales! Each year these magnificent creatures migrate south from Alaska, and although you can see them throughout Hawaii, the ‘Au‘au channel off the coast of Maui boasts the greatest number. The warm, relatively shallow and protected waters make an ideal location for the humpbacks to mate and give birth to their calves. These whales are known for their acrobatics, and are often seen fully breaching out of the ocean!
- Enjoy incredible Whale Watching
- Kids sail HALF price
- Seasonal Tour
Sail with the Whales
Sail Maui generally spots humpbacks on all of their trips during the winter, but this season they’re offering an exciting new opportunity to sail with the whales! You’ll embark on this voyage from Ma’alaea harbor and set sail in the afternoon tradewinds. Join the captain and crew in keeping a lookout for activity while staying refreshed with a variety of beverages, including wine and local beer. This trip is exclusively sailing, so relax on board without the drone of a motor and head to wherever the whales may be! Sailing out of Ma’alaea can be quite exhilarating so while the crew will do their best to get as close to the humpbacks as possible in the breeze, this trip can be more of an adventure than a mellow tour if the winds are up!
- This activity is in season from December 15 – March 31
- Departure from Ma’alaea Harbor on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- Please check in 15 minutes before departure (1:15pm)
Your Tour Includes
- As a courtesy, Sail Maui provides on board reef safe sunscreen.
What to Bring
- A hat, sunglasses, camera, reusable water bottle, and towel. Light jacket recommended.
- Wear your swimsuit and bring a towel!
- This trip is Coast Guard Certified for 49 passengers, but is limited to 35 for comfort while on board.
- Children must be accompanied by adult
- Snorkel gear & floatation devices
- Breakfast & deli style buffet lunch
- Beverages including champagne, mai tais, & locally brewed beer.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.