Waimea Canyon & Kokee Adventure | Polynesian Adventure Tours
Journey through the heart of Kauai’s countryside where you’ll ascend a vast mountain via a meandering road engulfed by trees and endless fields to reveal what Mark Twain aptly described as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.”
- Koke’e State Park (short, easy trail hike)
- Puu Hinahina Lookout (dramatic views of Waimea Valley)
- Russian Fort / King Kaumuali’i Statue
Kauai Waimea Canyon & Kokee Adventure
Journey through the heart of Kauai’s countryside where you’ll ascend a vast mountain via a meandering road engulfed by trees and endless fields to reveal what Mark Twain aptly described as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” It’s hard to believe that the immense cliffs and deep gorges of the Waimea Canyon could exist on an island – you’ll be mesmerized by its scenic beauty long after your vacation.
Watch the ocean waves propel jets of water through lava rock at the Spouting Horn Blowhole. In quaint Hanapepe town amid sugar cane fields, view Hanapepe Valley from the lookout. Venture down a nature trail in Koke’e State Park for an easy hike surrounded by native Hawaiian flora and fauna. The first portion of the hike is a gradual uphill stroll for about 30 yards, then it levels; hugging the contours of the hill. Listen for the lyrical chirping of the rare red ‘apapane or i’iwi bird species who sip nectar from the blossoms on the native trees.
Peer at the expanse of Waimea Valley from Puu Hinahina lookout point and visit the recently unveiled King Kaumuali‘i Statue at Pa‘ula‘ula, more commonly known as the Russian Fort. Lastly, you’ll be welcomed at the Kauai Coffee Plantation near the coast for a stroll through the coffee orchard that leads toward the ocean. See the entire coffee process from initial blossoming and harvesting to the final roasting. Sample the exclusive line of estate‐grown Hawaiian coffees while relaxing in the warm Hawaiian sun.
● Spouting Horn
● Hanapepe Valley Lookout
● Hanapepe Swinging Bridge
● Lunch at Waimea Plantation Cottages
● Waimea Canyon (stop at key lookout points to be viewed from the coach)
● Koke’e State Park (short, easy trail hike)
● Puu Hinahina Lookout (dramatic views of Waimea Valley)
● Kekaha Beach
● Russian Fort / King Kaumuali’i Statue
● Kauai Coffee Plantation
What to Bring
Wear comfortable attire and shoes. Closed-toe shoes are recommended due to uneven walking surfaces. Bring a light sweater or jacket. Wear sunscreen and bring a camera.
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient Kauai locations.
- If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, Polynesian Adventure Tours will pick you up at the closest location.
- Tour departs the first pickup location at 7:30 AM and returns at approximately 3:30 PM.
- 24 hours prior to your tour, please re-confirm your pickup time and location
- If the place you are staying is not on the list, choose ‘Other – ‘ and select where you want to be picked up from the list.
Tour includes lunch at Waimea Plantation Cottages (exact menu varies each day). May bring own snacks.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.