Kauai Rum Safari | Kauai Safaris
Join Kauai Safari for a 2-hour guided Rum Safari of the beautiful 105 acre Kilohana Plantation. Enjoy a Kauai signature Mai Tai, feed the plantation farm animals, and have a fresh cocktail made with fruits and herbs grown right here there the plantation.
Step into these unique one of a kind open air safari trucks and head out back into the beautiful fruit orchards where you will see exotic fruits like lychee, longan, cashew, and mango growing on the trees. Later in the tour you might even taste some of these fruits in your farm to glass cocktail. As you traverse through Elmer’s farm you will get a first-hand look at the papaya and assortment of veggies growing in the fields before they are sold at the local farmer’s market. Hold on tight as you descend down into Kahuna Nui Valley. Here you will disembark the truck for a stroll on a boardwalk through a tropical rainforest to your private oasis to taste the award-winning Koloa Rum. After tasting some rum, you will also enjoy their signature Mai Tai. Relax and enjoy your Mai Tai as you hear the river flowing past your Jungle Bungalow.
Tour Kilohana Plantation
Boardwalk Stroll Through Tropical Forest
Farm Animal Feeding
Farm to Glass Cocktail
Kauai Rum Safari Tour Description
Your guide will take you to meet our heard of wild pigs, goats, and sheep. For those feeling adventurous, your guide will give you some feed to interact with the friendly animals. Take a minute to look around and enjoy the scenery. Your knowledgeable guide will fill you in on the past and present history of agriculture here on Kauai. We wouldn’t have Rum without sugarcane!
One of the longest cultivated crops grown in Hawaii is Taro. This was the main staple of the Hawaiian people. At Kauai Safari’s Loi Lanai, your mixologist will whip up a farm to glass cocktail that will knock your socks off. We are talking about a drink made entirely from fruits and herbs that are grown right on the plantation. It doesn’t get any fresher than that. This stop is definitely a kodak moment! Take pictures, meet new friends and set your worries behind you. Your guide will share some recipes with you so that you can go home and impress all your friends.
When the safari is over, take a minute to shop at Koloa Rum’s Company store and browse through the 16,000 square foot Kilohana Manor House that is home to 7 unique shops and galleries. If shopping is not your thing, you could grab a quick lunch at Gaylord’s Restaurant and enjoy its historic charm. (Shops & Restaurant Grand Re-Opening May 15, 2021)
What to Bring
BRING YOUR ID!!! Guests should dress comfortable. Bring your hat, sunglasses, reef-safe sunscreen, camera and reusable bottled water. No outside liquor permitted on tour.
- Minimum age to participate is 21 years old.
- Age restrictions can be adjusted when buying out a full truck.
- This tour is an adventure tour and is not accessible with walkers or wheelchairs.
- Guests should be able to walk 200 yards without issue.
Rum Tasting consisting of four .25 oz. tastings, one Mai Tai, one Farm to Glass Cocktail, and Maui Onion Chips. Additional food and drinks can be added at an additional cost.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.
*Subject to seasonal pricing.