Waimea Canyon Bicycle Downhill
Experience an exhilarating bike ride from the rim of "the Grand Canyon of the Pacific" Waimea Canyon. 13 miles of cruising to the coast. Stopping along the way to enjoy the scenery, picture taking, and narrative on history, culture, folklore and legends.
- Coast the Rim of Waimea Canyon
- History & Photos
- 13 Miles of Canyon to Coast
Kauai’s Waimea Canyon Bike Tour
You start off by ascending to the Waimea Canyon, enjoying morning coffee and muffins or afternoon cold drinks and cookies. If you enjoy mornings, the morning tours provide views of the early morning light over Waimea Canyon. The afternoon Kauai bike tours provide a view of the sun dipping low over Niihau, the Forbidden Island. Both morning and afternoon tours provide scenery like no other! Enjoy 13 miles of coasting from Waimea canyon to the coast.
What to Bring
Adventurers should be ready to have fun. You will want to dress in layers. You can peel off layers at the rest stops as it warms up on the way down. Bring a windbreaker or light rain coat, shoes with closed toes (no sandals), and eyeglasses.
Riders must wear closed-toe shoes.
All participants must possess basic bicycle riding skills. For safety reasons, no riders under 12 years old, or anyone weighing over 260 lbs.
The early bird tour includes fresh-brewed Kauai Coffee and blueberry muffins hot out of the oven as you ride up in the van.
The afternoon tour includes cold soft drinks, spring water and Kauai Cookies.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.