SECRET FALLS TOUR | ANCIENT RIVER KAYAK
Discover the Wailua River’s most popular tour. Paddle the majestic Wailua River, which is the only navigable river in Hawaii. This peaceful river winds through a tropical garden paradise of abundant palms, ferns, flowers and wildlife.
- Child (5-12)
- An adventure suitable for the entire family, or a single guest.
- Paddle along Kauai’s most beautiful jungle river until you come to the trailhead for the hike to enchanting Secret Falls.
- Swim in a picturesque pool at the base of a 120 foot waterfall.
Secret Falls Tour
Explore the Wailua River’s most popular tour with your Ancient River Kayak tour guide. Paddle the majestic Wailua River, which is the only navigable river in Hawaii. The original home to the first Hawaiians who came from the Marquesas Islands to Kauai almost 1500 years ago This peaceful river winds through a tropical garden paradise of abundant palms, ferns, flowers and wildlife.
Hear the legends and learn about the flora and fauna of Kauai’s most sacred area. After paddling past numerous Heiau (sacred shrines), you’ll view ancient Kamokila Village, the sight made famous in the jungle scene of the film Outbreak. It is also a cultural village depicting the Hawaiian civilization back in the 17th century. Heading up the north fork of the River where you’ll paddle leisurely through one of Kauai’s most beautiful jungle rivers until you come to the trailhead.
Enjoy a moderate hike through the Wailua rainforest, original home of the first Hawaiians, to the enchanting Secret Falls, an 80-foot fall that descends into a refreshing swimming hole. Enjoy a picnic lunch and beverages and a cool dip before heading back down river.
The hike is approximately 1 mile each way; the paddle approximately 1.5 miles each way.
Included In Your Tour
- Kayak and paddles, all equipment and accessories, dry storage & dry bags on boat for cameras and personal things.
- Backpack use.
- Personal Flotation Devices.
- A delicious picnic lunch. Customers may choose turkey, ham, or vegetarian sandwich. Water is provided.
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes (hiking boots or hiking sandals -Tevas, water shoes – tabis, tennis or running shoes). Footwear will be completely submerged in water.
- Light comfortable clothing.
- Wear a swimsuit under your clothing.
- Bring towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and rain gear.
- All visitors should carry an extra bottle of water while on the island.
- You may wish to bring an extra set of clothes to leave in the van.
- Bring the camera and your sense of adventure!
- Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking and be in good physical condition. Expect about 4 miles of paddling and just over one mile of hiking. Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times.
- No bad backs, knees, ankles or recent surgeries.
- Must be able to walk 1.5 miles & kayak 60-90 minutes.
- For your safety, tour operator cannot accept bookings for women who will be more than 20 weeks pregnant on the date of the tour.
- Tours go out rain or shine. In the event of extremely inclement weather, tours will be rescheduled.
Customers may choose from turkey, ham, vegetarian sandwiches. A gluten free bread or lettuce wrap is also provided.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.