Explore the tallest sea cliffs in the world on this scenic helicopter tour!
HANA & BEYOND TOUR | HANA & BEYOND
Experience the Road to Hāna, a rich learning experience as you witness historical sites, ancient caves, rainforests and take a dip in fresh flowing waterfalls. It doesn’t end there, you’ll continue to go Beyond! Here you’ll discover the treacherous ocean cliffs on one lane roads, weathered mountainsides of Maui’s dormant volcano and vast ocean views.
- Adult Ages 11+
- Hāna Town, Black Sand Beach, Pua’a Ka’a
- Top 5 Aesthetically Pleasing Drives In The World
- Waterfalls, Lunch, Swimming
Hana & Beyond Tour
Hāna and Beyond tours is one of the only Native Hawaiian family owned and operated tour companies on Maui that specializes in The Road to Hāna. With ties that go all the way back to ancient Hawaii, they are proud to be from Hāna, Maui, and they would love to share all of the beautiful sights, sounds and tastes of their little piece of heaven with you! With generations of life experience, from living in the majestic little town of Hāna, they e can offer a unique perspective on this journey that you can only get from a true local. They have a combined 30 years of professional tour guiding experience of the Road to Hāna,
Cruise through historic Paia town and learn about life in old Hawaii. As they take you on a journey to their hometown on the far eastern slopes of Haleakala where the ride, the thrill, and the beauty never ends. Enjoy scenic ocean views and rugged coastlines as you traverse one of the top 5 most beautiful drives in the world. Along the way you’ll discover “the best banana bread on Maui” in a little community, built upon an ancient lava flow, where ancient Hawaiian farming, practices and cultural traditions still exist.
Immerse yourself in the refreshing waters of a tranquil waterfall pool at Pua’aka’a State Park. Learn about the historic value of this picturesque highway. Relax on a black sand beach, explore lava tubes and enjoy a delightful lunch at Waiʻānapanapa State Park, where swimming is also available.
Tour through the quaint town of Hana and learn of its foundation and history as we start our journey Beyond Hana. See the rainforest dissipate as you journey along the south side of Haleakala where the windswept slopes are visible due to lack of vegetation. Travel along a one-lane, seemingly kua’aina (backcountry) road and discover why rental cars aren’t allowed on this section of “highway”. Stop for scenic views of the Grand Canyon of Hana and journey down from the upcountry slopes of Haleakala.
*Please Note: All swimming opportunities are weather permitting.
- Complimentary pick-up & return from all major resorts and condos
- Pickup Time Between 6:00-6:45A.M.
- Scenic drive through lush rainforest
- Observe various waterfalls
- Stop at Keanae Pennisula
- Halfway to Hāna fruit stand
- Pua’a Ka’a State Park (Swim)
- Black Sand Beach (Swim + Lunch)
- Drive through Hāna Town
- Drive pass Wailua Falls
- Drive Over Seven Sacred Pools (Oheo)
- Kipahulu – Charles Lindbergh
- Manawainui Overlook
- END TIME: 4:00-4:30 P.M.
What to Bring
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, Swim wear (optional), Water Shoes (optional), Towels, Sunglasses/Eyewear, Swim Clothing, Water Shoes, Light Sweater, Hat, Sunscreen, Bug Spray, Cameras, Cash for souvenirs and gratuity.
- Van carries 9 to 14 passangers
- Children’s car seats and booster seats are available at no additional cost, though you are welcome to bring your own. In compliance with Hawaii state law, children from 0 to 4 years old must use a car seat, while those from 5 to 10 years old must use a booster seat, unless they are already 4 feet 10 inches tall.
- There are restrooms at both swimming locations.
- They do offer pickup and return to the Kahului Harbor for cruise ship passengers.
- Listed below are estimated pick-up and drop-off times. As a disclaimer, there are many factors and variables that determine the times of arrival and drop offs. The early start time allows them to get ahead of the crowd so you can enjoy the stops that you make with as few people as possible. They will contact you the day before your tour to confirm your exact pickup time.
- If your hotel/resort is not in the list of pickup locations, please indicate the name and address of your lodging in the comments section and select a nearby hotel. They will confirm if a pickup can be arranged before your tour date, otherwise we will meet at their designated meeting point in Kahului.
LocationsPick- Up TimesDrop Off TimesKahului7:00 AM3:30-4:00pmNorth Kihei6:40 AM4:00-4:30pmSouth Kihei6:20 AM4:00-4:30pmWailea6:20 AM4:00-5:00pmMakena6:30 AM4:30-5:30pmMa`alaea6:50 AM4:00-5:00pmLahaina6:30 AM4:30-5:00pmKaanapali6:20 AM4:30-5:30pmHonokaowai6:20 AM4:30-5:30pmKahana6:20 AM4:30-5:30pmNapili6:15 AM4:30-5:30pmKapalua6:15 AM4:30-5:30pm
Choice of sub/deli sandwiches (made fresh daily).
- Veggie wrap
- Caesar salads.
- Snacks, water and soft drinks are also included and available on tour throughout the day.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.