Surf Lessons | Hawaiian Style Surfing
Learn to surf with other beginners in beautiful Kauai! If you like meeting new people and trying something new, this lesson is great for you. Hawaiian Style Surfing will start on land before riding some waves.
- 4:1 ratio for students to instructor
- Perfect for beginners
Kauai Group Surf Lesson
Learn to surf with Hawaiian Style Surfing! They will provide you with everything you need to surf. Every lesson starts with a short land lesson on the basics of surfing and ocean safety. Then you will get into the water for the rest of your lesson. Hawaiian Style Surfing instructors will help you get up and riding your first wave in no time!
Check-in for lessons is at the Sheraton’s beach activities hut (right next to Lava’s on Poipu Beach) 2440 Hoonani Rd, Koloa, HI 96756
Know Before You Go
All people will need to be able to swim in ocean waters without assistance. Smaller stature people and children will need to be able to control the surf board on their own with limited assistance. If you feel this may be an issue, please consider a semi-private or private lesson. Students who are are not able to swim on their own may be asked to cancel lesson forfeiting all monies paid.
Health & Safety of Guests and Staff is Hawaiian Style Surfing’s Top Priority!
Guests or staff who are feeling sick or know that they have been exposed to COVID-19 are REQUIRED to stay away. If a guest or staff member begin to show any symptoms or feel ill in anyway, they will be asked to leave the tour and our facilities.
Hawaiian Style Surfing staff will be wearing face coverings when appropriate during your visit. Hawaiian Style Surfing requires that everyone on their properties and locations have a face covering and use it when in close proximity to others. Failure to comply will result in the tour being cancelled and considered a day of cancellation NOT eligible for refund.
Limited Contact Check-in
To minimize their eliminate opportunities for transmission, Hawaiian Style Surfing have designed a limited contact check-in procedure.
* When necessary additional check-in times will be added to minimize guest interaction between reservation parties
* Guests will receive a link to their digital liability waiver in the confirmation email. Please have one waiver per adult completed before arrival (minors can be on the same waiver as an adult)
Equipment Sanitization and Cleaning
Hawaiian Style Surfing requests that guests please limit contact with equipment they are NOT personally using. Hawaiian Style Surfing staff have put additional cleaning procedures in place.
Trip sizes will be reduced to maintain proper social distancing.
*Group lessons will have a maximum of 4 surfers to 1 instructor. Should a booking with less than 4 surfers wish to have a private guide, please look at our “Semi-Private and Private” lessons.
Hawaiian style Surfing will does not provide transportation. guest will be responsible to provide their own method of transportation. Please pre-arrange a taxi if you don’t have a rental car.
All staff are required to frequently wash their hands throughout the day. Guests are also expected to wash their hands regularly and thoroughly before, during and after activities. Hawaiian Style Surfing will have hand sanitizer in all of our vehicles where hand washing with soap and water is not possible.
* Maintain a social distance of 6 feet and avoid direct contact with other people.
* Make sure you and people around you follow good respiratory hygiene. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and dispose of that tissue right away.
* The CDC recommends wearing a cloth face covering and we strictly require this when not in water.
It is strongly advised to ensure you use the restroom facilities at the hotel or lodging accommodations prior to arrival.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.