Beginner Surf Lessons
Let your dreams of surfing waves along a shoreline of a beautiful tropical island come true with Kauai Surf School. Located in sunny Poipu Beach on the ‘Garden Isle’ of Kauai, Hawaii you find Kauai Surf School. According to Jamie and Sparky, learning to surf is easy and fun with their professional staff, excellent equipment, and fun Kauai waves!
- 4:1 Guests to Instructor Ratio
- Fun for All
- Perfect for Beginners
The Kauai Surf School operates year-round with small group and private lessons for the beginner surfer. They also offer week-long surf clinics for beginner to intermediate surfers providing surf instruction as well as fun exploring Kauai. In every surfing experience offered by Kauai Surf School, the basics are stressed to provide students with the solid foundation needed for growth in their surfing. By incorporating ocean knowledge and water safety, Kauai Surf School ensures a positive surfing experience.
Surf Lesson Options & Rates
- 1.5 Hour Group Surf Lesson for Beginners
- 4 students per instructor ratio
- Lesson includes:
Use of beginner surfboard
Use of surf shirt/ rash guard
90 min. of instruction
- Ages 10 and up welcome!
- Children under 10 may partake in a group lesson if a parent or guardian is present at the lesson with them.
- All students must know how to swim.
Group Lesson: $75 Per Person
- 1.5 Hour Private and Semi-Private Surf Lessons for Kid
- For children 10 years old and under. (minimum age is four years old but they must know how to swim)
- Includes all equipment needed.
- Fun is the goal and safety is the focus with a one-to-one ratio for private or two-to-one ratio for semi-private
- 1.5 Hour Private and Semi Private Surf Lessons for Beginners
- Private and Semi Private surf lessons include everything that the group lessons offer with smaller surfer to instructor ratio.
- Private lessons have a one-to-one ratio.
- Semi private lessons can have either a two-to-one ratio or three-to-one ratio.
- All ages welcome!
What to Bring
Be sure to bring sunscreen, swimsuit, towel, and camera.
- Tour Policies, Restrictions and Recommendations
- Not available for pregnant women in their third trimester.
- Not recommended for individuals who have or have had back problems, recent surgeries, or suffer from severe motion sickness (no refunds are given for sea sickness).
- This is an adventure. Ocean conditions can vary and may turn rough at times. It may not be suitable for some folks (frail or physically challenged individuals are subject to Captain’s discretion).
- If you do not have your prescribed medication with you, i.e. Inhalers, Epi-pens, diabetic medication and/or any other medications taken daily, we ask that you reschedule your tour for another day. This is mandatory.
- Cancelled tours by Capt Andy’s Sailing Adventures are fully refundable or gladly rescheduled.
- Seasickness is best prevented with an over the counter remedy.
- All tours are Bare-Foot. No shoes are allowed on board. Passengers will remove their shoes prior to boarding.
- No coolers allowed on board.
- You should bring a light jacket, camera and film.
- Food & Beverages
Appetizers-“buffalo” chicken wings with dip, pineapple/fruit trays, pretzels, and vegetable crudités. Assorted soft drinks,sneaky tikits (tropical cocktail) along with beer and wine.
- Cancellation Policy
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.