Waterfall Picnic Horseback Ride
A peaceful ride across a private ranch, hiking through lush rainforest plus swimming at an 80-foot waterfall! Explore the falls and swim in the fern-lined pool; then enjoy a delicious picnic and relax.
- Horseback Riding
- Hawaiian History
- Waterfall Swim
Kauai Horseback Riding Tour
A peaceful ride on gentle horses, ambling across a private, working cattle ranch! This unique Kauai adventure begins with 30 minutes on horseback, soaking up panoramic views of mountains, valleys, and the ocean. You might even find yourself riding through our herd of cows and calves! Along the way, your guide shares ranch and paniolo history with the true spirit of aloha.
This horseback ride is safe for the first-time rider and enjoyable for the experienced as well! After tying up the horses, you hike about 15 minutes along a steep trail, up and down (500-foot gain) steps with rope handholds. As you wind through the lush rainforest, you descend a 10-foot rock wall on your way to a private 80-foot waterfall. It’s all yours for an hour! Explore the falls, and swim in the fern-lined pool.
Then, enjoy a delicious picnic and relax, before hiking out for 15 minutes (including a climb back up the rock wall). Your adventure ends with a leisurely ride back across open pastures, enjoying the spectacular scenery. Total time on horseback is one hour, round trip; the waterfall swim and picnic lasts one hour. Total hiking time is 30 minutes. The hike is rated moderate-to-difficult with some steep up and down and feet immersed in stream crossings. There also is a climb both up and down a 10-foot rock wall. Total tour duration is three hours
What to Bring
- Completely closed-toe shoes are required (tennis shoes or hiking boots). No Crocs or aqua shoes. Rental shoes available (all-terrain @ $5 per pair)
- Long pants recommended
- Wear a swimsuit under clothes for swimming
- Towel, insect repellent, sunscreen, and a hat
- Tour Policies, Restrictions and Recommendations
- Ages 8 & older in good physical condition.
- Maximum weight 250 pounds.
- Maximum height 6′ 5″.
- Height-to-weight ratios apply. Please call for details or click here to view a chart.
- Food & Beverages
Delicious picnic: make-your-own deli sandwiches (with veggie option), chips & cookie
- Cancellation Policy
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.