Tropical Trails Adventure | Silver Falls Ranch
Come ride in paradise! Kauai horseback riding at its best. Near Kilauea Town and the wildlife refuge on Kauai’s beautiful north shore, Silver Falls Ranch lies adjacent to the Kamookoa Ridge, a lush inland valley blessed with natural waterways and a beauty unique to this corner of paradise. Come and see Kauai in a way you'll always remember.
- Swim in a Mountain Pool
- Ride Through a Private Botanical Garden
- Picnic Lunch Included
Let’s explore Kauai. This ride, which includes a picnic and the opportunity to swim at Silver Falls, is for the explorer in you. It’s an excursion that takes you deep into Kauai’s interior—on hidden trails through an ancient volcanic caldera to the base of Mount Makaleha.
This stunningly scenic ride meanders through exotic natural growth and a variety of indigenous ferns, all while untamed orchids decorate the way. Take a moment to study and enjoy their magical beauty – these are memories that will last forever.
After a great ride, don’t forget to tip your guide and give your faithful mount a kiss goodbye. They’ll both appreciate it.
What to Bring
- Long pants are recommended
- Closed-toed shoes are required
- Be sure to bring a bathing suit
Travel Times (during light traffic)
From Lihue 45 min.
From Kapaa 30 min.
From Princeville 15 min.
From Poipu 70 min.
From Hanalei 20 min.
From Kilauea 10 min.
About Silver Falls
Silver Falls Ranch is perfect for those seeking a unique Hawaiian riding experience on Kauai.
Guests of all levels of horseback experience are treated to safe, leisurely, expertly guided tours through the ranch’s 300 acre pristine Hawaiian wilderness. The inner 80-acre botanical garden features streams, orchids, native plants, wildlife, and breathtaking up-close views of the island’s northern Makaleha mountain range.
More than a spectacular place to tour, Silver Falls Ranch breeds and trains some of Hawaii’s top Working Cowhorse and Cutting prospects. At Silver Falls Ranch, their horses are family. Loved and cared for, these animals are very special. From patient to spirited, these equines make everyone from the earnest beginner to the experienced trail rider feel satisfied. Our gentle trail horses are forgiving of beginner mistakes, while the experienced rider will enjoy their responsiveness.
- Maximum weight is 300lbs for Horseback rides.
- Riders must be in strong, healthy, physical condition.
- Health conditions, disabilities and special needs may be accommodated but must be disclosed prior to booking, contact us for special consideration.
- Silver Falls Ranch reserves the right to refuse service.
- Ages 7 and up welcome.
Picnic Lunch & Refreshments
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.