Ready for an adventure? Spend an adrenaline-filled day zipping Umauma’s full 9 lines, followed by swimming, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, and relaxing in their private area of the Umauma River.
MAUNA LOA ERUPTION TOUR | BLUE HAWAIIAN HELICOPTERS
Mauna Loa, dormant since 1984, began erupting once again on November 27, 2022. Join Blue Hawaiian Helicopters on their newest tour to view this remarkable and dynamic event!
- Mauna Loa Eruption
- Kilauea’s Iki Crater and Hale Ma’uma’u Volcano Crater
- Lush Big Island Valleys
Mauna Loa Eruption Tour
Nowhere else on earth is quite like the Big Island. Sprawling over 4,000 square miles, it is the largest island of Hawaiʻi—nearly twice as large as all the other Hawaiian Islands combined. The Big Island of Hawaii is also one of the most climatically diverse places on earth, with cascading waterfalls thousands of feet high, lush rainforests, snow-capped peaks, and Kilauea, the world’s most active volcano, which you have to see to believe.
This extraordinary island is truly bursting with life and there’s no better way to witness its beauty and majesty than from the sky! Our Big Island helicopter tours take you on epic sightseeing adventures—from the steep coastal cliffs and ancient settlements of the Waipio Valley to the jaw-dropping lava fields of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Depart from the Waikoloa Blue Hawaiian Helicopter heliport and head out to the site of the world’s largest active volcano. Dormant since 1984, Mauna Loa began erupting fountains of glowing rock and lava on November 27th. See the magnitude of Pele, the Hawaiian volcano deity with the latest fissure openings and lava flows.
What To Bring
Wear solid dark-colored clothing. Our helicopters are temperature controlled so dress comfortably but wear dark clothing. This will cause less reflection in the windows to allow a clear view of all the sights. It will also allow you to take better photos and video without clothing items or light-colored logos or patterns from your clothing reflecting in the photos that you and other guests would like to take of the magnificent scenery.
Departs From WAIKOLOA HELIPORT: 68-690 Waikoloa Rd Waikoloa Village, HI 96738
Check In: 1 Hour prior to tour time
**Lava sightings are subject to change and not guaranteed. All tours are subject to weather.
- *Lava sightings are subject to change and not guaranteed. All tours are subject to weather.
- Combined front row seat weight must be under 470 lbs and individual passenger weights must be under 240 lbs.
- Should actual weights during check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and a refund will be made for the premium upgrade fee.
- Front row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation.
- Lap children cannot be accommodated in the front row.
- In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors.
- Their chair lifts are only able to access the rear row of seats therefore guests requiring a chair lift to board the helicopter cannot be accommodated in the front row.
- Flights may vary depending upon weather conditions
- FAA regulations require them to weigh all guests and bags at check-in. this is done discreetly for your privacy. Please be accurate as possible when providing weight information.
- For each guest weighing 240 pounds or more, an adjacent, empty seat purchase is required to safely balance the aircraft. The charge for a comfort seat is reduced.
- Children under 24 months and less than 25lbs are considered a “lap child” (no charge), however, we do not recommend or encourage “lap children” on the flight.
- Prices subject to change without further notice.
- Selfie sticks and extendable wands are not permitted aboard the aircraft
- Not permitted on aircraft; hats, scarves or bandanas, iPads or tablet computers, purses, bags or camera bags.
No available option on this tour.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided.