Luau Kalamaku at Kilohana Plantation
Luau Kalamaku is an unforgettable experience that is a “must-see” for any visitor to the island of Kauai. The twice-weekly extravaganza has been welcoming guests since 2007 and is the state’s only luau show performed “in-the-round,” offering great views from every seat in the house. Featuring a state-of-the-art media system and an interactive stage design, the show includes a cast of approximately 50 dancers and musicians including an award-winning fire knife dancer.
The cultural journey begins with craft demonstrations and Hawaiian games, followed by the traditional imu ceremony. Guests are treated to a sumptuous buffet, while hula dancers and musicians entertain. Following dinner, the 45-minute main show begins as dancers take the stage to share the ancient Hawaiian legend of Kalamakū (child of the new land) and the Polynesians’ amazing and dangerous journey from Tahiti to Kauai.
- 5:00 – 6:30pm Check-in / Craft Demonstrations / Hawaiian Games
- 5:30 – 6:10pm Train ride via the Kauai Plantation Railway
(additional charges apply)
- 5:00 – 7:30pm Open Bar
- 6:15 – 6:30pm Imu Ceremony
- 6:30 – 7:30pm Dinner, dessert, coffee, live music and traditional hula
- 7:30 – 8:15pm Main Show – Kalamakū
- 8:15 – 8:30pm Photo session with our cast!
Luau Kalamaku & Kauai Plantation Train Ride offers guests a chance to step back into time. The railway ride takes you through Kilohana’s 105-acre historic plantation. Your Conductor will guide you as you pass historic plantation homes, travel through a low land forest, and view endless fruit fields of pineapple, papaya, banana, sugarcane and taro (used for the poi at their luau′s). Then disembark to feed their herd of wild pigs, goats & sheep, and see their cattle, horses, clydesdales & donkeys. The train departs at 5:30pm from the Depot, and upon your return you will have plenty of time to see the Imu Ceremony, experience the arts, crafts, games, and carriage ride, and visit Kilohana’s Historic Mansion with its unique Shops & Galleries.
Grab a MAI TAI and come aboard!
TOUR POLICIES, RESTRICTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Guests should get ready to be impressed. Experience graceful hula dancers, fire poi ball twirlers, a lavish buffet of local delicacies and a vivid storyteller that all come together for this once-in-a-lifetime authentic experience. This Hawaiian Experience is showcased at the Historic Kilohana Plantation where you can stroll the shops, catch the Plantation Railway and enjoy traditional Hawaiian crafts and games.
Food & Beverages
Served between 6:30 and 7:30, the buffet dinner includes tastes of the islands, including local favorites (lomi lomi salmon, poi and kalua pork baked in the imu), Asian-inspired cuisine (island vegetables with Thai curry and Chinese-style steamed mahi mahi), fresh salads and fruits, and an array of desserts including warm rice pudding with rum sauce and kauai coffee cheesecake.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided