Activities > Water
Kauai Surf School Surf Lessons
Let your dreams of surfing waves along a shoreline of a beautiful tropical island come true with Kauai Surf School. Located in sunny Poipu Beach on the ‘Garden Isle’ of Kauai, Hawaii you find Kauai Surf School. According to Jamie and Sparky, learning to surf is easy and fun with their professional staff, excellent equipment, and fun Kauai waves! The Kauai Surf School operates year-round with small group and private lessons for the beginner surfer. They also offer week long surf clinics for beginner to intermediate surfers providing surf instruction as well as fun exploring Kauai. In every surfing experience offered by Kauai Surf School, the basics are stressed to provide students with the solid foundation needed for growth in their surfing. By incorporating ocean knowledge and water safety, Kauai Surf School ensures a positive surfing experience.
Lessons to Choose From
1.5 Hour Group Surf Lesson for Beginners
- 4 students per instructor ratio
- Lesson includes:
Use of beginner surfboard
Use of surf shirt/ rash guard
90 min. of instruction
- Ages 10 and up welcome!
- Children under 10 may partake in a group lesson if a parent or guardian is present at the lesson with them.
- All students must know how to swim.
1.5 Hour Private and Semi-Private Surf Lessons for Kid
- For children 10 years old and under. (minimum age is 4 yrs. old but they must know how to swim)
- Includes all equipment needed.
- Fun is the goal and Safety is the focus with a 1 to 1 ratio for private or 2 to 1 ratio for semi private
1.5 Hour Private and Semi Private Surf Lessons for Beginners
- Private and Semi Private lessons include everything that the group lessons offer with smaller surfer to instructor ratio.
- Private lessons have a 1 to 1 ratio.
- Semi private lessons can have either a 2 to 1 ratio or 3 to 1 ratio.
- All ages welcome!
Be sure to bring sunscreen, swimsuit, towel, and camera.
TOUR POLICIES, RESTRICTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
The only prerequisite for learning how to surf is knowing how to swim. So there are not many excuses, they have taught every type of person from 2 years old to 75 years young.
They are great with kids and love teaching them about surfing and the ocean. There is a need to be considerate to other students and the safety of the child while surfing. If the child is 9 years old or younger and surfing in a group lesson, Kauai Surf School requires the parent or guardian are in the lesson themselves or on the beach to help as needed.
PLEASE NOTIFY HAWAII ADVENTURE CENTER IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE AN ACTIVITY.
You can do so by calling (888) 207-0722 or contact us online.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of activity
- For groups of 6+ there are no refunds for cancellations within 72 hours of activity
- We will gladly reschedule your activity at no extra cost if changes are made prior to the 48 or 72 hour cancellation period
- Cancellations from date of booking to 48 hours before activity or for larger groups 72 hours before activity are subject to a 10% service charge
- If for some reason we are unable to confirm your reservation with the activity operator due to oversold seats or other unforeseen reasons, a full refund will be provided and you will be notified immediately to discuss alternative dates and activities
If a tour operator cancels any trip due to weather, mechanical failure, unsafe conditions, or insufficient reservations, a full refund will be provided